Broken Arrow 18 July 2023 - the Show, not the Accident (nor the Movie)

1 minute ago, CAtenhut said:

Crown is in big trouble if they're already in 4th. I don't feel like their show has enough meat in it to push them over Boston and Bluecoats in Indy. I really wanted to see Crown medal again this year, but it's looking bleak. 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Grandpa Joe said:

Not a meltdown, just saying something that nobody else in the Crown crowd has had the balls to say. Everyone wants to complain about it in private messages, but nobody wants to say it. So I did. Sue me.

Someone Please Give gramps his pressure pills. 😬🤪

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, GraysonHarris said:

And losing by half a point in guard to Pacific Crest 🙂 

That PC guard has been legit shocking people all year!  They are amazing to watch!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

but the 4th place matters so much less than the fact that the distance between 2-4 is, on July 19, truly minimal. these are the kind of scores that could honestly be completely flipped if they all performed tomorrow, let alone what’ll happen weeks from now 

You are correct that being less than a point separating 2nd and 4th can switch any time, and it probably will over the final weeks. But I don't think Crown has as much demand and room to grow and improve as BC and BAC do, and because of it, like last year, I feel like they will peak early and get left behind again. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

Crown is in big trouble if they're already in 4th. I don't feel like their show has enough meat in it to push them over Boston and Bluecoats in Indy. I really wanted to see Crown medal again this year, but it's looking bleak. 

Too close to call (it in).  The scores are still very close.  I’m looking forward to a secret rewrite that will be better then the other secret rewrites.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CAtenhut said:

Random thought, why do you want Crown to medal again this year? What is it about getting 3rd that changes an entire outlook of a season compared to finishing 4th? And would the discussion be the same for 6th or 7th?

I'm not trying to box you in or call you out on anything, I'm actually just curious (probably should have just started a new thread to be honest). To me, the only placements that matter in DCI are 1st at finals (you'll always be known as the champions and get to do an encore run) and 12th place on Semis (congrats on making finals!). Any other placement, just doesn't really matter in the end. And I say that from the perspective of just entertainment and enjoyment of the shows, not organizational success and future because I fully understand that as a corps drops down the rankings and out of finals, their recruitment COULD suffer but that's not guaranteed (look at Colts and Mandarins this year).

I just have always wondered this and finally put the question out there. My assumption is that people just want to see their favorite corps or shows rewarded which makes sense, but I just personally think people put way too much emphasis on that instead of just enjoying it all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Congratulations to the Blue Devils "Marching Team".  That is what Fox23 called them this morning on their coverage of the "marching bands".

• Haha 6