Houston show that's actually Tomball

1 hour ago, MarchMello10 said:

I think one can be simultaneously excited and happy for the corps performance and continued existence, while also being dissapointed at the show design, because it’s two different teams working on two different things.

I won’t speak for them but OP seemed to be referring to the show design itself, and considering 154 kids paid thousands of dollars to March the show, designers really need to be held more accountable when they create a substandard or lacking product that gives them a low ceiling of success.

Fair enough and you're most certainly not wrong!

• Thanks 1

My sound quality was terrible last night and I thought it was on the source end because at first people had said theirs was bad.  Or if not the source I thought it was because I was using a different computer.

But later I simply exited the feed and went back in and it was much much better.  So there is a lesson to be learned here about what happens when you assume.  

That said, I have no idea, technologically, why that works.  

Designs can't get better if orgs keep recycling the same designers with tired ideas.

And no designer can keep popping out hits forever, especially if they don't integrate exposure to sports and artforms from outside of drum corps, nor welcome in new minds. Same goes for instruction. Myron Rosander attended local dance performances for a reason.

33 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

So Im rewatching some of last night show just because I still had the stream up.  Question for @Hook'emCaviesand anyone else there were there electronic problems in person or did it just cut out on flo during stars solos?  I know they had a long wait to start because of electronics.

It didn't seem to be an issue last night. I know thr Cascades had some issues though.

27 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

@Hook'emCavies Been meaning to ask now that you've seen the show, do you think it would read better with the bicycle step? 

What might really be effective is if they marched with technique from the time. Not realistic since they intertwine so many melodies, but pre whenever, they weren't bicycling. But the straight leg does seem like a mismatch give they pretty much invented the bicycle step, didn't they? 

14 minutes ago, billj said:

What might really be effective is if they marched with technique from the time. Not realistic since they intertwine so many melodies, but pre whenever, they weren't bicycling. But the straight leg does seem like a mismatch give they pretty much invented the bicycle step, didn't they? 

Madison and SCV have also used bent knee.

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

Madison and SCV have also used bent knee.

Yep! But they tweaked a little so it's not exactly the same. 

It's really interesting looking at the slight differences in each corps.

Edited by Hook'emCavies
  • Like 1