Why I like Cadets Show This Season

I have to admit that I wasn't a fan of the show the 1st time I saw it; however, it is now my favorite show this summer.  I am hoping they can pass a couple of corps on Saturday.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

What point? You have no point? Nothing said here is going to change the Cadets uniforms. There's no debate to foster. 

And additionally, you clearly haven't seen me and @wvu80 go rounds in a thread. It's all friendly banter. 

See ya on the next thread where I mention Cadets' not-so-good-looking uniforms

• Haha 1

Just now, Cappybara said:

See ya on the next thread where I mention Cadets' not-so-good-looking uniforms

Hulk smash awaits with bated breath 

• Haha 1

The Cadets show reminds me of how I felt in 1982, when they announced in no uncertain terms that they had arrived...The rest is history..And even if BD three peats, it in no way diminishes that classic run of Cadets...Good music, good drill, and what looks to be happy members...The east is well represented with BC,Crown and again the CADETS..BTW, can the drum major SMILE a bit longer at the intro?.She sometimes looks underwhelmed..boost that GE score!...LOL

• Like 1

I finally get to see Cadets live in two weeks and I'm excited. 

And NO, I will not get over this year's uniform. I know how much better Cadets could have looked. 

My seats will hopefully allow me to have my face blown the **** off. 

My most favorite thing about this show is the hornline. I can't wait to see and hear them live. 

• Like 2

I thought the Cadets put on a heck of a show last night. To me the only segment that needs work (as in rewrites) is the section before ballad 2. Other than that they looked and sounded wonderful. Still a lot of cleaning to do in the feet. They are doing some very difficult body choreography. It will not be easy to clean this visual program but I hope they get there. The closer is so awesome. Keep pushing Cadets! That was a fantastic performance last night. 

Edited by jwillis35

Just now, jwillis35 said:

I thought the Cadets put on a heck of a show last night. To me the only segment that needs work is the section before ballad 2. Other than that they looked and sounded wonderful. Still a lot of cleaning to do in the feet. They are doing some very difficult body choreography. It will not be easy to clean this visual program but I hope they get there. The closer is so awesome. Keep pushing Cadets! That was a fantastic performance last night. 

To me I think the ending needs work and maybe some rewrites most over that breakdown part you mention. Though I do wish they would more of the FE into that breakdown and not just the set drummer. 

• Like 2

Drumline is amazing this year.  It does feel like they kind of skimped on the brass book - lots of segments given over to the battery, and that's a new thing for Cadets.  Not bad necessarily, just new.  

For the uniforms, they've definitely grown on me, though I would have like to have seen warmup pants rather than shorts and leggings.  As a former AAU parent, I think they don't look as good in that setting either...   

All in all, this is a good vehicle for them, and I hope they keep pushing this design philosophy forward.  It's fairly unique among their peers, and they have a distinct identity.

Mike

• Like 1

I like the uniforms but I see Cadet "creme" tops & leggings interrupted by shiny pure "white" gym shorts. I love that the uniform and gold bars on the props mirror the traditional uniform of maroon, "creme", and gold used in jacket, cummerbund, sash, pants, and shoes. The gold stripe across the chest replaces the cummerbund.