Battle At The Alamo(dome) - July 22,2023

10 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

You start it so we can see how many people you trigger. 😂

🤔🤔🤔Very tempting but any year blue devils compete there is always a chance of #peating. They could win 5 in a row and it wouldn't shock anyone with the streak they are on. Wasn't the last time out of top 3 yowza?  You give me BD or the field I'm always taking BD

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Sorry if someone addressed this in an earlier post but with thousands of comments I might have missed part of the conversation.

I noticed (but forgot about) Troopers don't have their sun prop activated the entire time like they did early season.  I think it's effective to turn it on and off to emphasize transitions between musical sections.

What say you?  Why did Troopers change the way the sun prop is used?

I noticed this too. I like it better when it is used less and for emphasis because it doesn't compete for focus. This was a good move, in my opinion.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

I noticed it and was actually upset. I understand people’s sentiment about it being “distracting” I found it to be the opposite. The constant turning of it was like the relenting, constant, pounding heat that sun produces. And when you’re out on the desert, there’s no relief from it. So I appreciated the constant rotation as it was that kind of reminder that it’s there just pounding away and you’re exhausted and tired and wanting it to stop. 

I hadn't looked at it that way, and I appreciate your perspective!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kevingamin said:

What's amazing was that 2015 corps was a dark horse most of the season. Then they literally went dark with those black uniforms. I should look at the recaps from the last couple weeks of the season and see if their visual scores were affected by that change.

all visual velocity....the strength of the show...lost

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wilme861 said:

I would love for Bluecoats to do a show along the lines of Tron. Doesn't have to be Tron but something along that type of vibe. I just think that type of show with their 2015 type production would just be insane and something Bluecoats could pull off so well.

Yes! The modern version of Machine! It would be an awesome left turn from the current run of concepts.

4 hours ago, arabica said:

Sadly, it’s easily been 14 years since this was true. If anything, Cadets have have more recently had the opposite problem, coming into Finals and dropping over the next few nights.

Their last two seasons have had strong concepts that at least had a basis for legit growth. The previous era of shows were so poorly conceived that by the time you got to the end of the season, no one seemed to care. The mannequins were the telephone pole that broke the camel’s back for me.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

You wanna see people triggered, just say it isn’t really a three-peat because it isn’t three years in a row.  😆

Some could argue if there was competitive drum corps in 2020 and 2021, they'd be going for a 5-peat this year. 😂

• Haha 2