MURFREESBORO MASHUP JULY 28

20 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I didn't think scores would go up much at this show. I think the placements were mostly as I saw them. Some of the spreads in various captions and sub captions were interesting, but given we are beginning to see new endings I don't think this is that odd. Boston being .6 behind Carolina in brass is likely a bad call by the judge, but hey...I was not there so I will leave that alone. I doubt that is the case again. 

Visually lots of new stuff going into these shows. Boston with some new stuff at the end. BD brought their new ending the other day but have some work to clean that, and there could be more. Carolina changed some music and changed some of their visual program, especially with the middle section props being out. Not sure if that is for good or not. The Cadets with a new ending that I think can be really effective when cleaned. Once these new ending and other new material come into play scoring will always stagnate or take a step back. The key is this: will the payoff take the corps visual and musical program to new heights? Especially in GE. 

Overall great show! Hard to not like all these shows.  

Totally agree. All these shows are fantastic!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I didn't think scores would go up much at this show. I think the placements were mostly as I saw them. Some of the spreads in various captions and sub captions were interesting, but given we are beginning to see new endings I don't think this is that odd. Boston being .6 behind Carolina in brass is likely a bad call by the judge, but hey...I was not there so I will leave that alone. I doubt that is the case again. 

Visually lots of new stuff going into these shows. Boston with some new stuff at the end. BD brought their new ending the other day but have some work to clean that, and there could be more. Carolina changed some music and changed some of their visual program, especially with the middle section props being out. Not sure if that is for good or not. The Cadets with a new ending that I think can be really effective when cleaned. Once these new ending and other new material come into play scoring will always stagnate or take a step back. The key is this: will the payoff take the corps visual and musical program to new heights? Especially in GE. 

Overall great show! Hard to not like all these shows.  

it seems to me..again just watching online...the field captions are lagging behind GE. Sure some cleanliness will bleed upstairs but it seems the area to watch scores wise are the music captions. there's no real lock there....and that could bleed upstairs.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Can someone with percussion expertise explain Crown’s dilemma to me. They dont strike me as a weak battery at all.  

from Flo things sounded fuzzy, but that just could be how the tuning is picked up by the mics. i'll finally see them next weekend

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Phantom viz is getting more locked in.  The scalloped company front leading up to the double flag yeet was sharp.

You calling that exchange a double flag yeet is about my favorite thing I've read this week. 😂😂😂

16 minutes ago, DJaye612 said:
1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Maybe you're not as much of an expert on drill design as I famously am but you really need to have the battery on both sides...now. 

What a ####### ######## you famously are! 

Rats, somebody was able to see through my well practiced ruse...🤣

14 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

it seems to me..again just watching online...the field captions are lagging behind GE. Sure some cleanliness will bleed upstairs but it seems the area to watch scores wise are the music captions. there's no real lock there....and that could bleed upstairs.

He’s alive and well! @Jeff Ream I know you’re not big of the minutia but glad to see a sound voice back. Enter stage right, please - you’re on!

57 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I watched the show early from my PC.  I could rewind and play anything I missed.

The I went to the Home Theater setup and used my Iphone Flo app to cast to the 65" Vizio TV.  I think Flo adds an app to the TV, I'm not sure.  I know there is a Flo App on the Mancave Samsung 55" TV.

With the Iphone casting to the TV I can only watch Live only.  Nothing prior.  If I pause the TV to help deal with the annoying buffering, the TV picks back up with the Live feed.

I started both streams and paused them during Music City and I watched it well after the fact.  So now I know!  One to learn on!!! 😆