NightBEAT 34 - July 30th, 2023

1 minute ago, Crown 1990 said:

It really is the perfect venue for a drum corps show.  The acoustics, and even the angle as the rows move upward coming for a true gem of a facility for a show

This venue is on my bucket list! Might make plans for it next year and make the drive down from DC!

21 minutes ago, runyancm said:

It's a thing.  I am a transplant to the state, so not sure my opinion counts:  I prefer Western, but Eastern can be really good when paired with a great coleslaw to offset the acidity of the vinegar.

And a good beer.

That goes for both.

And without saying.:ninja:

I am in Virginia tidewater, which falls squarely in the Eastern Carolina BBQ sphere-of-influence.  Several good places here as well. 

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

Atlanta isn't a power regional anymore. Split event for regional avg score

<<WARNING - POTENTIAL BLASPHEMY FOLLOWS - WARNING >>

As nice as this stadium looks, and considering positive reviews from fans, maybe DCI should move the Atlanta regional here; they could still hold it over 2 days if they want.  Would have advantage of keeping logistics in place for 2 days.  

• Like 5

We will find out, tonight, how much "juice" and "buzz" the Blue Stars have left with their show. They are in a pretty favorable spot, at this show, to at least hang on to 9th place for a while. In the end all, they will probably end up in 9th, 10th, or 11th.  

Edited by corps8294

54 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

This venue is on my bucket list! Might make plans for it next year and make the drive down from DC!

I attended once before the pandemic.  Drove the scenic route from middle TN thru the Smoky Mountains. (Some great stops in Asheville, NC)  Beautiful drive & a great city/venue.  Easy to get around instead of ATL.  I highly recommend. 🚗   

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 3

Question regarding quarterfinal seeding average scores.

For corps competing in both Atlanta AND Nightbeat,

which score is used as one of the 3 scores that are averaged along with San Antonio and Allentown scores?