NightBEAT 34 - July 30th, 2023

Mandarins sounding good tonight. One thing that's been bothering me though with alot of corps is recorded singing voices this year.  I really enjoyed some of the live voices in the past few years.  I know others have not loved it so much but it's high risk,  high reward in my opinion to use live singers.  There is too much this year in shows like the Mandarins,  Carolina Crown and others. I'm sure you could find some great voices out there in your ranks. Mandarins should have used a live voice for "I'm Tired". Would have been worth it. Not sure if CC could find an appropriate voice to cover Bjork but would have been great if they did. I'm just thinking of you have the voices use them if not leave it out for the most part. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Crispy said:

I didn't get to watch yesterday- can someone fill me in?

Mandarins got rained on pretty bad at their rehearsal site yesterday. Pit equipment and electronics were damaged. They didn't know if they would be able to perform tonight. 

Corps had no rehearsal time since Friday. They still did a great job tonight. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Looks like 4 holes in Bloo brass. Hope kids are getting healthy. 

• Like 2