Hotlanta On My Mind - July 29, 2023

The ballad was lovely.  I like this Spirit show so much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

Find it interesting they have the corps competing outdoors instead of the Georgia Dome ( it will always be the Georgia Dome to me)

You would rather see and hear drum corps in a dome? 👀

I am super excited to see Spirit back, and I am digging what they are playing. That said, I am not a fan of anything they are doing visually. I don't like the props, the uniforms, the back drops...the "look" just doesn't work. I will gladly listen to them a ton when the audio is released. Those mellos are super aggressive.

Z

• Like 1

Hey y'all.. don't know if anyone has noticed, but this is a pretty nice show that is really starting to come together. Also, they are having a good run today... Must be that good old down-home Southern home cooking!

• Like 1

Really pleasant show to watch. Great job Spitit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cainan said:

Hey y'all.. don't know if anyone has noticed, but this is a pretty nice show that is really starting to come together. Also, they are having a good run today... Must be that good old down-home Southern home cooking!

I really like this show I’m a music first fan and is quickly becoming one of my favorites of the season .  I just really wish they would fix an organization long problem, which is there visual performance, which is always sloppy.

2 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

You would rather see and hear drum corps in a dome? 👀

No, however the heat has been brutal this year and it seems for the corps members it would be better to compete in a dome

• Like 1

Spirit's giving the hometown crowd something to be proud of.  Musically this is a very entertaining show. I'm so glad that they're back.

5 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

$$$ was the issue.  

I think between the cost of getting the Dome and the fact they'd get bounced for a more lucrative concert contract by the venue made it unreliable.  

They should look for another dome for Southeast if that's possible.  Then let Atlanta just be a stop show.

How about the super dome in NOLA?