Why is Jersey Surf even still a world class corps?

Ha, with that last true response from @Cappybara

Can we close this "thread" (however insane it is) already?  Mariana hasn't come back to acknowledge understanding and/or argue the points so clearly it was a troll thread.  Let's let it die like all the other crazy threads from the past week!

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, spacewill said:

Ha, with that last true response from @Cappybara

Can we close this "thread" (however insane it is) already?  Mariana hasn't come back to acknowledge understanding and/or argue the points so clearly it was a troll thread.  Let's let it die like all the other crazy threads from the past week!

I agree. It might have legs if the question is like what defines a world class corp like Surf compared to open class corp like Gold ect. But to specifically call Surf out in the manner it came across it read as least for me insulting to them.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Algernon said:

I do not believe their is  mechanism to move a corps from World Class to Open Class.

There are financial, organizational and competitive triggers for re-evaluation of class status.  Plus, the voting corps can simply vote to throw you out.

4 minutes ago, skevinp said:

If we get rid of the least competitive corps every year, where will we be in about 17 years?

Well George Jetson was born July 31st, 2022. 

So in 2040 I will be rooting for him as he marches with Orbit City Drum and Bugle Corps.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, skevinp said:

If we get rid of the least competitive corps every year, where will we be in about 17 years?

At that rate, I don't know, but at least the battle of the BD Haters vs Homers will finally be over or close to it. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Are they trying to compete with other World Class corps?

What kind of a question is that?

Having seen Jersey Surf in action more than once this summer, I saw a whole lot of "trying" going on.  It was inspiring to watch.

If not, and the results seem to confirm this, then why should they be a World Class corps? 

Well, if the "results" are your concern, DCI has a trigger in their policies/procedures to eliminate WC corps who make too much of a habit of missing top 25.  But Jersey Surf made top 25 last season, and they appear on pace to make it again this season.

• Like 2