Crum-ble on the hill in Allentown - August 4, 2023

49 minutes ago, spacewill said:

I tried to get it back on the "what to look for tonight" a page or 2 ago...that lasted about as long as it took me to hit "post".... 🙂

And I personally thank you for trying! 

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

There is a lot of that going ‘round right now.  

So you didn't just stub your toe before posting that?  Dang it, I had that on my "Crazy DCP Assumptions" bingo card!  Not run or tied to SCV Bingo in any way.............

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, spacewill said:

So you didn't just stub your toe before posting that?  Dang it, I had that on my "Crazy DCP Assumptions" bingo card!  Not run or tied to SCV Bingo in any way.............

We could make a DCP SCV bingo card.   But that is for the off season.  

4 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Plan B could be as simple as an off day for all competition and if it gets rained out all groups perform Sunday in place of a rained out day. 

That creates a lot of issues for people like me who travel to Allentown and have to be at work on the Monday after the Easts.

1.You have to book an extra night in a hotel

2.Additional meals

3.You have to travel back sometime Sunday afternoon /evening instead of during the day.

If the show starts at 7:00 or so, you don't start home till at least

10:30/11:00.

4 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

That creates a lot of issues for people like me who travel to Allentown and have to be at work on the Monday after the Easts.

1.You have to book an extra night in a hotel

2.Additional meals

3.You have to travel back sometime Sunday afternoon /evening instead of during the day.

If the show starts at 7:00 or so, you don't start home till at least

10:30/11:00.

What happens to a baseball game that's postponed due to weather. Does it suck from fans? Yes very much. Should they still do the show even if it's reduced audience (wouldn't be surprised if it still filled) to make it fair for all groups? To me yes

The radar forecast doesn’t look THAT bad for tonight. Currently predicts one storm cluster at about 7:30/8. Not a whole night wash out. But that old stadium might not be able to handle the water 

4 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

The dome is Syracuse is horrible. The boom effect in there is 3 times worse than Indy. Logistically it is a nightmare as it was setup many years ago. I personally think an outdoor stadium is best for DCI East. I get the reasons for wanting a dome but Drum & Bugle Corps is still best served outdoors in a nice stadium. 

If -- and this is a big if -- DCI gets to the point where they decide to leave Allentown there are some good options in Delware, D.C.-Maryland, PA, even in Buffalo NY, etc., but it would be nice to have at least one Regional outdoors. Just my 2 cents on this. 

I’m fine with it being outdoors! Let’s just go to a modern stadium that can facilitate a one day show! There are countless options in the northeast. 

• Like 1