Crum-ble on the hill in Allentown - August 4, 2023

3 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Send the rain to Texas

Even Houston?

I was in Austin last week, and it was raining there and STILL 103 while it was raining!

LOL

9 minutes ago, jsd said:

That's my question, too. 

CF, what are you drinking for tonight's show?

I will be making Manhattans and a couple Manhattan variations 

Edited by ContraFart

11 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Even Houston?

I was in Austin last week, and it was raining there and STILL 103 while it was raining!

LOL

Not a drop of rain in Houston for several weeks.  I'll be out watering my yard during intermission tonight.  Too hot to do it before the sun sets. 

• Like 1

I find it necessary to again thank DeanInChicago for his very kind words about the “Allentown Experience.” Always well-written and clearly from the heart. To Dean, and others who express such positives about this moment, I want you to know your appreciation reaches down to all the local volunteers working the event. I’ve seen it often.

That hardworking group of 75-80 unpaid workers are a big reason why expenses at Allentown remain low. Not only that, but those folks are a knowledgeable, experienced organizing group like none other in drum corps. Several have served us here for more than 40 years!  They are all ages, mostly ex-drum corps members, DCI and DCA. A great number got their “chops” with the Reading Buccaneers. Current Chairman Mitch Huston is one of the over 40 years of service veterans. Also Kathy Eck out in the Gate One info trailer. Barry Seltzer, your announcer, and numerous others helping you in the stands. How ‘bout that Reliable Bernie Brown!

THIS is what doing drum corps breeds . . . excellence through sacrifice and hard work over lifetimes.  Special people who deserve our thanks, here and elsewhere across the tour.

Edited by Fred Windish
  • Like 6