Crum-ble on the hill in Allentown - August 4, 2023

4 minutes ago, bkbass98 said:

I just gotta give some love to the home team and shout out to BK. I thought this show was dead, sunk the first time I watched it. My lord they’ve brought it a long way.

And special shout out to the GUARD!!! Looking at the numbers they started out with a month ago and seeing what they did tonight, bravo.

Cant wait to see what Bones brings tomorrow night. Between Xmen, PC and BK, 2 incredibly deserving top 12 level shows are going to miss out on Saturday night.

Agree, and we've all seen from show to show they flip in captions wildly!  I love and hate this battle for 12th!  haha.

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Remember my friends, Blue Devils did not win DCI East. at least not yet.  They won the night.

Saturday night's scores  will be combined with tonight's scores.  There are still a couple of corps BC and CC who may have something to say about who wins this thing.  👍  😎

i say we let Moby Dick decide. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

Why does this stupid regional have to be two nights where there is no way to fairly judge everyone. 

It's a necessary evil to manage time, especially for the butt sore spectators who would have to sit in those awful bleachers for hours on end.

If I recall correctly it will be the exact same judging panel both nights.  They'll know who's better than who. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Troopers almost a full point over Blue Stars!

One of the oddest stories of this year is the Blue Stars.  So much talent, so much hype. The show isn’t bad but all of the pieces are not coming together. 

Is there enough gas in the tank to turn it up these last few days?    

it’s so bizarre.   

Edited by GetOFFmyDot
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Troopers are making some moves.  They might be looking at 8th, but the guard is keeping them down.  They've improved, but not enough.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

i say we let Moby Dick decide. 

But, what if Moby Dick gets harpooned at the end of Boston's show and the Wellerman or the Billy 'O Tea takes that whale in tow, then how do we know who won the show?!

If you're going to make suggestions like that, you've gotta think this thing through!  🤣

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

Troopers almost a full point over Blue Stats!

One of the oddest stories of this year is the Blue Stars.  So much talent, so much hype. The show isn’t bad but all of the pieces are not coming together. 

Is their gas in the tank to turn it up these last few days?    

it’s so bizarre.   

I mentioned this earlier … Blue Stars aren’t growing, not layering and not cleaning relative to this time of year 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bluesman said:

Troopers are making some moves.  They might be looking at 8th, but the guard is keeping them down.  They've improved, but not enough.

They are performing their book much better now but it doesn’t appear to be as challenging as that of corps around them. Every corps has strengths and weaknesses. Their CG’s job now is to perform as well and cleanly as they can and sell the show. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bluesman said:

2.5 points is a tall order for the last week. They can definitely claim a strong 9th place finish though and should be very proud with that, they've had a great season.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

BD 1999: Full flag opener, full rifle jam number, full saber ballad, just like this year. I love BAC guard, but when I think of the full weapons triumvirate in DCI — which, to be clear, is a crazy thing to do — it’s Scott Chandler and BD all the way. 

For sure. I just meant last 4 seasons that BAC has designed shows to put large group riffle tosses in front and it has paid off. BD wasn’t, and has reacted to it. Not a bad thing. Great staffs looks at these things. 

Edited by Den8uml