Still Crum-bling on the hill in Allentown - August 5, 2023

1 minute ago, CAtenhut said:

I know that this 5-7 battle has kind of turned to 5-8, but I have to say Mandarins, Cadets and Phantom are superior in show design and musical arrangements compared to Cavies.

I know there are a lot of Green Machine fans on here, so I'm sorry. But it's true. 

As a lifelong Cavies fan I have to agree. I LOVE the direction they are heading and I think they are beginning to look more like vintage Green Machine, but their show still lacks the wow factor.

Something by Phantom Regiment will be played at my funeral.  Or maybe Anthrax…

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Re: the Goo.  I wonder how much of that is Flo.  Like I said earlier, I was hearing it in Cadets on Flo tonight too. But in person, Cadets sounded perfectly in balance with their A+E.  

One of Flo's sound engineers explained that Flo does get a direct feed from corps' sound boards and lightly keeps it in the mix. So they just might have it mixed a bit high tonight. I've heard a bit more goo from corps tonight where I'd never heard it before.

Edited by brassboy

Phantom Regiment came out of the gates so strong at the beginning of the season.  Feels like they may have peaked too soon and maxed out the show a couple of weeks ago. But it's still a great show in so many ways.

• Like 1

Right there as the front curves before the flag yeet...is where I think they'll do the kick halt if they put it in.

• Like 1

... and of course Flo blew it on the leg kick

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1