DCI OPEN CLASS FINALS 8/8/23

15 minutes ago, mjyaub said:

Dan Potter said that?

In 2019, after the Spartans performed at Semis, Dan Potter, who was interviewing members after each performance, asked the Spartans DM if he felt there should be an asterick next to their name since SCVC and BDB weren't there. The DM looked shocked then said no.

Obviously an awful thing to ask and Dan apologized, and I don't know why 4 years later we are still bringing this up. So this is all I will say about it.

• Like 2

I thoroughly enjoyed the exposure to these corps on Flo.  Since, I'm going to Indy, I'm going to make a strong effort to see many of them in person at Prelims.  Some really interesting shows on the field.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, barigirl78 said:

I thoroughly enjoyed the exposure to these corps on Flo.  Since, I'm going to Indy, I'm going to make a strong effort to see many of them in person at Prelims.  Some really interesting shows on the field.

Please do. The audience is woefully empty on early Thursday. And it’s these same fans that don’t bother to watch open class that’ll bemoan their loss the loudest when the corps are gone from the terrible lack of support from most of the community and the world class corps themselves. 

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

Congrats Guardians! Seeing on Reddit they had a 2.0 penalty?!?

I can’t remember which corps it was that was going on towards the top of the show, but I pointed out to my husband then that there was a front ensemble that seemed to be warming up WAY too close to the stadium because you could hear them as the corps on the field was being announced (and apparently the warmup areas are nowhere close to the stadium). I have no idea if that was it, but it does make me wonder. 

congrats Spartans! Loved Gold and Southwind too!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kdaddy said:

So nothing can make it right after all these years? Can what Dan Potter does for drum corps not make up for a stupid gaffe? I guess I don't see that as any way to live. 

We can forgive, but we also don't have to forget. You live the way you want, and I'll live the way I want. It's the beauty of living freely.

Wow. There are only 11 open class corps competing now? That is beyond sad. DCI really is clueless. This activity is shrinking at a high speed. What was even the point of prelims?

30 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

Wow. There are only 11 open class corps competing now? That is beyond sad. DCI really is clueless. This activity is shrinking at a high speed. What was even the point of prelims?

Only 11 coming to Indy. There’s a slew of California open class corps that didn’t break the bank to travel east and ended with the California tour. 

I was unable to do my usual watch and chat. As I’m still in the Appalachian hills.

congrats to Spartans!  Love that crazy show 

• Like 1