Dci fans should be ashamed of themselves

Disagree with the op. No one is obligated to cheer /give a standing o out of politeness. I cheer for performances that move me. Rather than calling those who don’t cheer rude maybe reflect on why they aren’t cheering. I know a fair number of folks who respect the skill of BD members but who don’t click with BD’s shows. I’m one of them.  I evidently don’t have a lot of shared aesthetic sensibilities with BD’s design staff. They obviously click with a lot of folks so good for them.  But when I don’t clap it’s not out of disrespect or sour grapes it’s because I’m not moved  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, MikeBD said:

I went to my first finals in Madison in 1086 and was hooked.  

I don’t care if someone hates the show but show a little respect for the kids. 

I wasn’t there, I get feeling that way if you are a hard core BD fan as you are. But when did BD care about fan reaction? Never. So why be angry if fans don’t feel it? Do something new that connects with fans. Change the game up. 

Why do you think people scream their heads off for Bluecoats? They take risks. They do their thing to connect with the crowd. They are innovative, they are always reaching for new ways to entertain. People respect that risk taking, they love it when groups do something new and interesting.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, wigwam said:

BD show was great, but it’s not the fan favorite in many ways.   It’s performed amazingly, but the show itself to many is not that compelling.  

Everyone around me stood and clapped for BD, but the enthusiasm was somewhat muted compared to others.  

Change the year to 1993, substitute " Star of Indiana " for " BD " on this thread topic, and its pretty much identical.

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Metalbinky said:

Maybe they were in a total trance of amazement.  Seriously though, I didn’t have that sense around me.   It was as loud or louder than any other corps at the end of the show with I think most standing

Yeah same experience here. They’ve also received a lot of love the other times they I’ve seen them throughout the season, and from what I’ve heard from MMs.

As to the OP, I wouldn’t let how others react to a show or what they think of it affect your enjoyment of it.  

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MikeBD said:

BD is putting an amazing product on the field and dang near every corp has gotten a standing ovation except for the blue devils. I’m between the 30s i would say maybe 10 percent stood   

it really was disgusting and people need to grow the eff up.  I root for all corps cause the kids deserve it.  

and yes I am in the stadium 

It must really depend on where you sit. Somebody already mentioned 139. I’m in 140. The people in the block where I sit are knowledgeable and seasoned fans. Everyone was standing after BD. Same with 141. I walked back to the hotel with some BD and Mandarins parents. I believe they are in the 200 section. They didn’t mention a poor response to BD. Most of the time standing ovations are based on popularity. It’s a toss up as to whether Crown or Bluecoats is the most popular corps. Boston Crusaders is growing in leaps and bounds as far as popularity is concerned. With Crown it’s been the case since 2007 and “Triple Crown.” Bloo became more popular as they became more cutting edge around 2014 with “Tilt.” Prior to that they were often considered the most underrated corps. BAC  is becoming an audience favorite, but it’s been an uphill battle at times. I may be biased because I am a longtime BAC fan, Crown almost always produces a show I love, and I enjoyed Bloo when they were staid and predictable as well as when they became more cutting edge. BD may win too often for underdog status. They may not be as audience friendly as other corps. These can impact popularity, but they are respected and I feel get an excellent response.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dcsnare93 said:

Yeah same experience here. They’ve also received a lot of love the other times they I’ve seen them throughout the season, and from what I’ve heard from MMs.

As to the OP, I wouldn’t let how others react to a show or what they think of it affect your enjoyment of it.  

Exactly. ikr

2 hours ago, MikeBD said:

BD is putting an amazing product on the field and dang near every corp has gotten a standing ovation except for the blue devils. I’m between the 30s i would say maybe 10 percent stood   

it really was disgusting and people need to grow the eff up.  I root for all corps cause the kids deserve it.  

and yes I am in the stadium 

Op don't give the negative drum corps karens things to yap on about, they'll ride that train to nowhere. Don't let whoever not into what you like affect you, and your enjoyment.

Cheer even louder to drown them out.

Blue Devils WON Semis, a corp you love and a show YOU enjoy. Focus on that and rejoice! Left those who want to complaint behind you, either on here or at the stadium. They cheer for who and what they like, So do you in spite them.

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Members are outstanding and their achievement incredible. There is no doubting this. I don’t mean this to take away from them.
The Show design is starting to get a little stale. The intro narration for example every show!!! This show feels like a regurgitated Club Voltaire. They’re even using the same music/musical passages every few years. Let’s have jackets on then take jackets off. Let’s have loud drum kit features. 
let’s have members stand in an arrow formation and dance. Let’s have a random dance break. The show tonight was incredible but the design that used to be original is now overplayed. Kind of like when u have a favorite song but hear it on the radio a million times then it becomes your not so favorite song.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

Change the year to 1993, substitute " Star of Indiana " for " BD " on this thread topic, and its pretty much identical.

No because I actually liked 1993 Star

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2