2023 DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

4 minutes ago, totaleefree said:

I really hope the lines are moving at the gate today. Find out soon

Please let us know. I will die in this heat if i have to stand outside. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

I am torn. Part of me wants BD to finish first in brass so I can watch grown adults freak out over a show performed by kids............another part of me wants BD 2nd or worse in brass so we can shut down the narrative that yet another judge always puts BD first in their caption.

I'm gonna side with the joker - Introduce A Little Anarchy, Upset The Established Order, And Everything Becomes Chaos. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

I am torn. Part of me wants BD to finish first in brass so I can watch grown adults freak out over a show performed by kids............another part of me wants BD 2nd or worse in brass so we can shut down the narrative that yet another judge always puts BD first in their caption.

You know that narrative has already started on a competitor’s thread, right?

• Like 2

Small lines at gates of about 20 in each line. They have 5 more lines past the main gates for those with no bags or purses. About 6 in each of those lines.

Edited by drumhead31
Spelling
  • Thanks 4

Just now, drumhead31 said:

Small lines at gates of about 20 in each line. They have 5 more lines pastthe main gates for those with no bags or purses. About 6 in each of those lines.

I’ll be leaving in a few minutes. I think the special Friends of DCI entrance, along with more staff should move things along. Last year Friday had some issues and that was not the case this year. I hope that’s a good sign.

Just gonna watch and enjoy these shows for one last time tonight.  I have some competitive wish lists for sure but seeing the 2023 finalist field one last time with my full attention is the top priority.  

I think everyone should try to find what they like in each show and just enjoy what each corps is offering. We can argue about show issues, weaknesses, and placements the rest of the off season.  

So many strong identities and approaches.  I will be honest though that Bluecoats, Mandarins, and Phantom Regiment have a little extra love from me tonight.  I’m gonna add Colts to that list as well.  Love what they’re doing.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, DWW11 said:

You know that narrative has already started on a competitor’s thread, right?

Not shocked to hear that lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1