Carolina Crown 2024

2 hours ago, wilme861 said:

There were some Tarpon Springs vets in the guard this past year (think 5 or 6) so it's not surprising at all really. Florida is a GREAT recruiting ground for guard.

Florida is great for band recruits. This will help a lot frankly. 

I’ve always felt with Boston moving away from camps in Florida there has been an untapped market. Glad someone is coming into it

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fighterkit said:

I’ve always felt with Boston moving away from camps in Florida there has been an untapped market. Glad someone is coming into it

You're correct, FL is a good market, but Boston and other corps talent has improved, it seems, with mm from Texas.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I know but Brasso and we used to like to go watch at Lakewood Ranch. 😊

I miss Lakewood ranch

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 4:55 PM, KVG_DC said:

Woo.  Tap that crazy Califorina indoor percussion talent pool and tempt them with a summer playing a Mike Jackson book!

Just maybe, a legitimate shot for the elusive Stanford in Ft. Mills?

Be still—wait for it—my beating heart🥁👑😉

1 hour ago, nsxanax said:

I've heard more than a few people say it...

"Other corps have been dreading the day when Crown finally has a Sanford winning line"

I don't necessarily agree anymore as people know I'm a huge fan of the percussion but in the past, there were definitely a few years that they would have been almost unstoppable.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nsxanax said:

Unrelated, but did you know the corps office isn’t in Fort Mill anymore? I’m not sure when they moved but their new address is just over the state line in Pineville, NC. I noticed it on their Facebook page a few weeks ago. Then I looked the address up on Google Earth and it’s definitely legit. I’m sure they’ll still be announced at contests as “from Fort Mill, SC” but they’ve gone back to the Tar Heel state. That makes this native South Carolinian a little sad. 😢 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crownisking said:

Unrelated, but did you know the corps office isn’t in Fort Mill anymore? I’m not sure when they moved but their new address is just over the state line in Pineville, NC. I noticed it on their Facebook page a few weeks ago. Then I looked the address up on Google Earth and it’s definitely legit. I’m sure they’ll still be announced at contests as “from Fort Mill, SC” but they’ve gone back to the Tar Heel state. That makes this native South Carolinian a little sad. 😢 

Website still shows Fort Mill.  They seem to be really slow updating that page!

3 hours ago, crownisking said:

Make sure they file their charity designation right for NC or there will be hell to pay from a few posters on here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5