Carolina Crown 2024

This time of year is tough. I like the suspense, but I also wish there was earlier transparency on themes. It’d be great if DCI had a reveal day each March where all the corps present their concepts. 

Edited by NewArpege
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, NewArpege said:

This time of year is tough. I like the suspense, but I also wish there was earlier transparency on themes. It’d be great if DCI had a reveal day each March where all the corps present their concepts. 

lol, we're lucky to get anything besides uniform/costume pics and maybe music reps from some of these corps by mid June.  Some of these staffs think their band designs are actually important in any way.  Truly absurd.  But hey, I'll take it to hear a Klesch or Thrower music special or to see whatever whacked out concept Bloo, Crown and others come up with.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is anyone going to—wait for it—pony up for the Triple Crown Suite option at NightBEAT?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, nsxanax said:

Is anyone going to—wait for it—pony up for the Triple Crown Suite option at NightBEAT?

That’s not really bad. We paid almost twice that much for a lower tier bowl game last year and we were definitely not feted in a suite.  Almost makes me want to go. 

• Thanks 1

Ok so this is random but it popped in my head today. How cool would it be to see the Crown DMs use batons this year? Some may not remember but Crown has used them in the past. You'd have to go back about two decades to find it though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

That’s not really bad. We paid almost twice that much for a lower tier bowl game last year and we were definitely not feted in a suite.  Almost makes me want to go. 

Well, since the move in ‘15 to WS, I’ve always said—even as nice as Crown Club seating/accommodations are—I’d jump at the opportunity for a suite.

They called my bluff, so I’m all in…

• Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 11:46 AM, KVG_DC said:

Yeah we had this conversation earlier this season. Lots of contemporary opera to explore 

1234123412345678 it could be Franky, it could be very Fresh and Clean, it could be A SAILBOAT

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2024 at 8:39 AM, Terri Schehr said:

Go for the crown club seats instead.  They have a nice buffet included and there are lots of people to meet and mingle with.  After you dine and socialize, you can step out to your seats, which are all excellent!   If there's a rain delay, you can dart back into the club level to stay dry.   I go every year and it's awesome. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, wigwam said:

Go for the crown club seats instead.  They have a nice buffet included and there are lots of people to meet and mingle with.  After you dine and socialize, you can step out to your seats, which are all excellent!   If there's a rain delay, you can dart back into the club level to stay dry.   I go every year and it's awesome. 

Well, because of my 1) antiquated phone and 2)challenged reading comprehension [primarily the latter], it looks like I have 2 x suite seats and 2 x my usual, Crown level spots. 

Wig, if the usual suspects are looking to have another sit-down this year, then I’ll definitely make myself available during dining hours.

Fuggedaboutit🤜🤛….

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, nsxanax said:

Well, since the move in ‘15 to WS, I’ve always said—even as nice as Crown Club seating/accommodations are—I’d jump at the opportunity for a suite.

They called my bluff, so I’m all in…

I did it for a couple years, it was cool, one good thing was I sat next to several board members and was able to pick their brains and figure our what they did right in building a Corps.   I have been disappointed the last 3 years that Phantom Regiment has not been there. Somehow I wound up touring with PR and have had to miss the closest show to my house. 

I think that the crown club seats are a great option.

• Like 3