Carolina Crown 2024

Apparently someone zoomed in on an image from Mackey's social and re-entered by hand into a score program to try to get early access to Mackey's work for Crown.  Mackey saw it and just posted a bit of the full score! 

9JYu8Cd.jpeg

Edited by karuna
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

On 3/31/2024 at 12:11 PM, karuna said:

Apparently someone zoomed in on an image from Mackey's social and re-entered by hand into a score program to try to get early access to Mackey's work for Crown.  Mackey saw it and just posted a bit of the full score! 

9JYu8Cd.jpeg

Gotta love a good Rick Roll in 3/4.

• Like 1

That is so epically funny.  

• Like 1

John Mackeys normal band pieces sound like a drum corps show anyway, so I don't think anything he writes for crown will be that mind blowing. What will be interesting will be how it works with what I assume will be Michael Klesch writing the rest of the book. Are the percussion arrangers going to write in tandem with Mackey? Do they get any say in what he writes, or does he just hand them a score?

In my opinion - it felt like Klesch and the new perc arrangers needed another year to really mesh - so adding Mackey to that equation is an interesting choice.

Edited by olddrummer34

On 4/2/2024 at 4:03 PM, NewArpege said:

Is this April Fools?

Geeze. I was totally fished in.

Well done, K. Well done👍