The Staff Merry-go-round

2 hours ago, DCI-86 said:

-I really hope Cadets hang onto all their design staff- they are on to something with this years design (just ramp it all up for 2024!) 

I just had flashbacks to a previous Cadets show not too long ago. 🙂

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I won't crush you. I think its just too safe and can't translate to a full corps. WGI Percussion designers in DCI work better than WGI guard designers in DCI. 

My personal opinion is the writing in a two parter - battery to horns cohesion and impact. The show was very technical with no pay offs really. The execution captions did all they could but if the judges don't like it you can't do much. 

Agree! It took me a couple shows to realize they didn't have any big hits musically in their opener. How do you engage the crowd without a big "here we are" moment in the first 2-3 minutes of your show? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

Agree! It took me a couple shows to realize they didn't have any big hits musically in their opener. How do you engage the crowd without a big "here we are" moment in the first 2-3 minutes of your show? 

But I think that was also design choice - the mold is set to be dark and edgy(not sure what word I want) and then brightens up the more the absinthe hits. All of the green parts were bangers. 

5 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

The most significant staff change in DCI...who replaces Dan?

How is his replacement selected?

• Thanks 2