The Staff Merry-go-round

7 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Additionally, I have sourced below, the Caspar, Wyo newspaper from that timeframe that additionally reported that the Troopers were suspended from competitions in DCI for the 2006 season by DCI..... for failure to send tax records to DCI ( NOT to the tax authorities) for several years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troopers_Drum_and_Bugle_Corps#:~:text=In 2005%2C the DC

and.....

https://trib.com/news/local/group-wants-troopers-to-stop-marching/article_cc3e13c2-1505-559c-bddb-ee4d1550c277.html

That's actually splitting hairs.  DCI may have officially suspended the corps for not providing their tax returns to DCI, but they couldn't provide them because they didn't exist.  If they had been filed, DCI could have just gotten them from the IRS or charitynavigator.  

Fair disclosure, I joined the board in 2006.  The road back was due to a lot of work by the people already in the organization, as well as through the influx / return of people from outside, and by outstanding support from the people of Casper.  Some of the 'outside' people who joined in were originally proponents of ending the organization altogether.  It was a great team effort.  The corps did not eat their own.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Good conversation, and its even better to find sources for posted info on here.

My info has it that in 2005, DCI voted to suspend the Troopers from competition for 2006 season, but they coould still perform outside of DCI.. ( by the way, this episode is in no way critical of the current Troopers as I admire them and have since the inglorious G7 days ). Here is my 2 sources ( below) that states ( as I posted above ) that DCI suspended the Troopers for the 2006 competition season. Its from the Troopers and has been on this website for years without correction by the Troopers or anyone at DCI, so we should assume it is accurate. Scroll down to near the bottom, 2nd to last paragraph, and right above " show summary ".. Additionally, I have sourced below, the Caspar, Wyo newspaper from that timeframe that additionally reported that the Troopers were suspended from competitions in DCI for the 2006 season by DCI..... for failure to send tax records to DCI ( NOT to the tax authorities) for several years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troopers_Drum_and_Bugle_Corps#:~:text=In 2005%2C the DC

and.....

https://trib.com/news/local/group-wants-troopers-to-stop-marching/article_cc3e13c2-1505-559c-bddb-ee4d1550c277.html

Your second link takes me to a paywall.

Here is what I find from back when it all happened.  First, the membership action by DCI:

And next, the decision by Troopers a week later:

12 minutes ago, troopers1 said:

That's actually splitting hairs.  DCI may have officially suspended the corps for not providing their tax returns to DCI, but they couldn't provide them because they didn't exist.  If they had been filed, DCI could have just gotten them from the IRS or charitynavigator.  

Fair disclosure, I joined the board in 2006.  The road back was due to a lot of work by the people already in the organization, as well as through the influx / return of people from outside, and by outstanding support from the people of Casper.  Some of the 'outside' people who joined in were originally proponents of ending the organization altogether.  It was a great team effort.  The corps did not eat their own.

it was a terrific turnaround there by the Troopers too from that 2005 time period.  Its not easy to do a successful turnaround. it requires intelligence, hard work, teamwork, a shared vision,, and probably just as importantly.... selflessness,, ie  leaving  egos and  prior resentments/ slights behind for the good of any hopes for a possible successful turnaround. But I think you already know this.

Edited by Boss Anova

22 hours ago, lifeisaround said:

Jim Coates, yes. He is still on the website as an executive Advisor. Jim Williams was the new CEO and replacement. But now all of Jim Williams posts and announcements are all gone and he’s removed completely from the website 

What do you suppose is up with that. He wasn’t in that position long but had been with Crown for a while. Why would they scrub him?

6 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

What do you suppose is up with that. He wasn’t in that position long but had been with Crown for a while. Why would they scrub him?

Nothing, I wish I knew more to the situation but im blank, I thought his background was the right background for the gig, but im blank as what happened.... 

The academy just posted about a new program coordinator, bch and corps manager role open

13 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

The academy just posted about a new program coordinator, bch and corps manager role open

I interpreted this post differently until I looked at facebook... Mark Richardson posted about openings for all three of the above roles - program coordinator, brass caption head, and corps manager. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

I interpreted this post differently until I looked at facebook... Mark Richardson posted about openings for all three of the above roles - program coordinator, brass caption head, and corps manager. 

Sorry. I worded it poorly. Thank you for clarifying 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but it’s not good if they have to advertise the openings. Correct?  Usually this stuff is done behind closed doors or with a handshake. 

Edited by GREENBLUE