The Staff Merry-go-round

3 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

I had always heard that he was absolutely done with drum corps once he was out with Cavaliers. And then went to SCV and said the same thing. 

A legend like that isn't allowed to just leave the activity. Where's the petition? lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Cadet Guardy said:

A legend like that isn't allowed to just leave the activity. Where's the petition? lol

I can think of a corps that needs a new drill writer that I think he would be perfect for. Worked with one green corps. Why not go to another. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DWW11 said:

What do you suppose is up with that. He wasn’t in that position long but had been with Crown for a while. Why would they scrub him?

Hiring people with no background in drum corps to run drum corps organizations has a lousy track record.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

I can think of a corps that needs a new drill writer that I think he would be perfect for. Worked with one green corps. Why not go to another. 

Or just go back to the Cavaliers. Hand him the whole kit and kaboodle this time. I’ve said before that every show he designed for SCV could’ve been designed for the Cavaliers. Yes, including Babylon.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Or just go back to the Cavaliers. Hand him the whole kit and kaboodle this time. I’ve said before that every show he designed for SCV could’ve been designed for the Cavaliers. Yes, including Babylon.

I doubt Gaines writes for DCI anymore, I only foresee WGI for him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slingerland said:

Hiring people with no background in drum corps to run drum corps organizations has a lousy track record.  

Sam Mitchell anyone?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:
  5 hours ago, Slingerland said:

Bill Cook would beg to differ.... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Not really a merry go round post.... but Monte Mast and Dr. Michael Vaughn is retiring after 2024.

The transition to a new Executive Director and new Corps Directors (after the 2024 season) has been in the planning stage for two years.  It is clearly amicable and well thought out.  A tremendous job has been done by both of these fine gentlemen (Monte Mast and Dr. Michael Vaugh).
The Board of Directors also just elected new leadership roles, as has been planned for the last several years preparing for succession.  They will now get to guide the selection and onboarding of their two new main executive staff members.
And, the new ED and corps director will certainly be brought on with ample time to assimilate during the 2024 season so as to know the culture and be prepared for season-ending decision making responsibilities for the 2025 season.
Proud to know all of these fine people, including the just exiting board president, Chris Hartowicz, who oversaw and shepherded the organization through some difficult, though publicly quiet challenges, with the help of many excellent partners.
This, IMHO (with 40 years of non-profit management, fundraising, and board development professional background) is how transition and excellence can go hand in hand.  
Thanks to all involved for loving my corps as much as I do.
Splooie!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Paul Milano said:

The transition to a new Executive Director and new Corps Directors (after the 2024 season) has been in the planning stage for two years.  It is clearly amicable and well thought out.  A tremendous job has been done by both of these fine gentlemen (Monte Mast and Dr. Michael Vaugh).
The Board of Directors also just elected new leadership roles, as has been planned for the last several years preparing for succession.  They will now get to guide the selection and onboarding of their two new main executive staff members.
And, the new ED and corps director will certainly be brought on with ample time to assimilate during the 2024 season so as to know the culture and be prepared for season-ending decision making responsibilities for the 2025 season.
Proud to know all of these fine people, including the just exiting board president, Chris Hartowicz, who oversaw and shepherded the organization through some difficult, though publicly quiet challenges, with the help of many excellent partners.
This, IMHO (with 40 years of non-profit management, fundraising, and board development professional background) is how transition and excellence can go hand in hand.  
Thanks to all involved for loving my corps as much as I do.
Splooie!

if all goes to plan this is exactly right... Maybe DCI could learn a thing or two from this... Couldn't agree more and excited to see the new on boarding two key leaders... 

Thank you for the post and clarification !!!

• Like 1