The Staff Merry-go-round

10 hours ago, fighterkit said:

I hope that Jeremy Hunt does not go to Madison. I think they can do better. 

Honestly, he might be a good fit there. Assuming he picked up a few tips about how to write for a legacy corps, it would be an upgrade. The only thing I remember about Madison this past year was a hamster ball, but Cavaliers battery staging was a factor in their success in that caption. 

18 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Honestly, he might be a good fit there. Assuming he picked up a few tips about how to write for a legacy corps, it would be an upgrade. The only thing I remember about Madison this past year was a hamster ball, but Cavaliers battery staging was a factor in their success in that caption. 

He was at Madison on visual staff when I marched there, while Pete Weber was doing drill. Really positive presence and good information. Would love to see him find the right fit as a designer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, contraguard05 said:
2 hours ago, Slingerland said:

He was at Madison on visual staff when I marched there, while Pete Weber was doing drill. Really positive presence and good information. Would love to see him find the right fit as a designer.

I agree and him going to Madison would allow him to not have the pressure he had with the top 12 corps ie regiment/cavies. 

3 hours ago, Slingerland said:

Oh absolutely! Age Out did their typical good job breaking down Cavies book for this year and they definitely played the game very well. The book was supportive when non-exposed and buck NASTY when up front. 

I find it interesting that I think we saw the opposite with Bloo's book. Constant changes of timbre, hand speed, drum geography. They created some unique sound scapes. But most of was lost and just didn't seem to really get up front where the judges are. It also must have been an absolute beast to clean and I don't know that ever quite got there all the way.

Never really gave much thought to writing being different for a legacy corps, but now that you say it, I can see the differences.

22 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

No, but I can recommend a separate thread for Star folks to discuss their experiences.

I quite like the recent Star discussion taking place in this thread.  Shows the influence it had and still has today.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Land_Surfer said:

I quite like the recent Star discussion taking place in this thread.  Shows the influence it had and still has today.  

K. Got it. Let’s get on with the staff changes for 2024.

peace, out.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Soooo, do we hear anything tomorrow on the status of SCV & their 2024 staff? :whistle:

Hearing some rumors about staff pickups. Or attempts to. Pleasantly surprised 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, fighterkit said:

Hearing some rumors about staff pickups. Or attempts to. Pleasantly surprised 

Are the rumors saying they may lose current staff to a top 6 corps?   Are the rumored pickups coming from a top 6 corps? 

Edited by TOC