The Staff Merry-go-round

1 minute ago, Grandpa Joe said:

Continue to try and twist it anyway you want. Eventually you'll run out of juice.

Just for a hypothetical example though, if Crown was poached here in 2023, that would replenish any " juice " the merri go round " poaching " thread might need at the moment, Joe😊.

3 hours ago, littlejaw said:

I don’t, but the credentials are impressive. Hebron and Ronald Reagan are some of the names in Texas band.

Imo Reagan has the best straight up drill design among Texas bands and his style will blend very well with the Cavaliers identity and history of enthralling drill programs. Great hire!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

Imo Reagan has the best straight up drill design among Texas bands and his style will blend very well with the Cavaliers identity and history of enthralling drill programs. Great hire!

I agree. Cavaliers really did need to do something on the Visual ( and Guard, imo ) side, and this is a positive start in that direction for them.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, musicteacher said:

Bossa,

Some of your early Star history is off. Jim Mason was not the brass arranger. Larry Kerchner was. Mason was management, with possibly a hand in design. I don't recall Michael Cesario being part of that team, although I could be wrong. DeLucia was indeed part of that team, but he was hardly poached. Bridgemen were done or nearly done by that time.

Not mentioned in your comments, but Prime and Hannum came later. Prime hadn't written for Cadets since 1984. Both Hannum and Zingali (as well as Sylvester) were with Cadets as late as 1988. I don't know if you could call them landing in Star a poaching. I believe they left of their own accord from Cadets. Brubaker wrote for Star early on.

Cesario was the brains behind the pink uniform and came in and consulted in the first year.
Mason did not arrange or teach brass. He was the corps director and program/staff coordinator.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

SCV changed their profile picture on FB picture yesterday evening. Not sure what that means, but I guess it's some sort of a sign of life? 

I don't really have a dog in the fight when it comes to SCV so I don't want to seem like I'm piling on them but...I wouldn't put too much stock into that. Teal Sound updates their facebook page occasionally too and they haven't fielded a corps since 2012.

Edited by crownisking
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, njthundrrd said:

Cesario was the brains behind the pink uniform and came in and consulted in the first year.
Mason did not arrange or teach brass. He was the corps director and program/staff coordinator.

Yes. That is correct, and we all came to that specific role conclusion above after Jim Mason  decided to come over, ie was " poached " ,from the Colts to the then start up Corps In Indiana at the time for 1985 that named themselves the Star of Indiana. Cesario decided to come over  ie " was poached " from the Cadets for that 1985 season. Larry Kerchner was Star of Indiana's brass arranger, not Jim Mason for that first season. ( Later years, Jim Prime came in worked Brass there. ).

21 minutes ago, crownisking said:

I don't really have a dog in the fight when it comes to SCV so I don't want to seem like I'm piling on them but...I wouldn't put too much stock into that. Teal Sound updates their facebook page occasionally too.

Facebook posts produced by a corps are usually positive and that’s how it should be since corps use it for publicity, but it seems as if every year we see positive FB posts by a corps during the off season and learn that the winter was difficult for a corps and in some cases, there were questions as to whether the corps would compete. 

• Thanks 1