The Staff Merry-go-round

33 minutes ago, MM2006 said:

…what could possibly go wrong?… 😬

Artistically, sure but Michael is notorious for creating a very negative member experience. Have fun, troop! 

Care to elaborate? Or shall we #### the man with nothing but innuendo. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

10 minutes ago, arabica said:

Tell more!

Onyx has a very distinct style of movement that seems quite unique compared to most others in WGI. The look reminds me more of a contemporary dance company than a winter guard. Lots of sharp, aggressive, angular motions with very interesting uses of the body and equipment in space. All of that reminds me of the look, feel, and sound Troopers has been going for, so I think this will be a great fit! 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, contraguard05 said:

Building on The Doctoress' accurate assessment, I recommend watching Onyx 2010-2014, 2017, and 2019. They are on their own planet and you can't look away.

2010 was activity changing.
2014 was a masterpiece. 

The vibe seems right to me based on the direction Troopers probably want to be heading. Obviously the weakest section of 2023 and possibly 2022 as well. Simply improving the guard could move the corps up even if all other captions stay the same. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, contraguard05 said:

Interesting. Onyx is brilliant, and a VERY particular flavor of color guard. Will be fun to see how next year's program develops.

I’m optimistic but I feel like each time I see Lentz’s name announced he’s only designing for one year at a time in DCI. Obviously it works for Onyx - that team has been together for a long time with proven success. 

1 hour ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Parties is the know should strongly consider reporting to Troop and Onyx if this is the case.

pretty sure it's well known activity wide. i don't follow WGi guard much but i have head and seen things elsewhere. not sure if it's accurate, but i have seen it

Edited by Jeff Ream