The Staff Merry-go-round

57 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

I would not say that it's "likely just an unconfirmed rumor still that Crown has filled the open position." Reid Atkinson lists that he's the program coordinator on his webpage. One could say, I guess, that it's unconfirmed unless Crown states it, but it's not "likely a rumor" given that the person himself states that he has the job. 

Fair point . Someone pm’rd me today and thinks Crown likely just “ forgot to update their hire of their 2024 Program Coordinator  “ and it will likely be updated on their website when they get around to it . If true , that could explain it, I suppose .

Edited by Boss Anova

7 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

But you'd think he'd wait on that until Carolina Crown officially announces this on their official Corps website and with his picture and bio there.... no ? So who knows who Crown's Program Coordinator there will be for 2024 after Rick Subel left that position there after this past season. I'm sure this will all be squared away in time, but it is mid October now, and no official word as to who will be heading up their show program there at Carolina Crown for the upcoming season.

We're not involved, so I'd imagine that I wouldn't opine about what others choose to do in this instance. I dunno. I like to generally mind my own beeswax, so I try not to speculate.

On 10/12/2023 at 12:55 AM, GetOFFmyDot said:

Chris Williams, Corps Director for Academy, is out.   After a month.   

hmmmmmm

Yes , that was a quick exit after just a month. Lots of speculation surfaced as to why the quick exit. All we know for certain now however  is that he is no longer Academy’s Corps Director and the position is currently vacant there .

Edited by Boss Anova

1 hour ago, Boss Anova said:

Yes , that was a quick exit after just a month. Lots of speculation surfaced as to why the quick exit. All we know for certain now however  is that he is no longer Academy’s Corps Director and the position is currently vacant there .

Ive got a personal website. 

Maybe I will add The Academy 2024 Corps Director on there and let DCP speculate. 

😆

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

But you'd think he'd wait on that until Carolina Crown officially announces this on their official Corps website and with his picture and bio there.... no ? So who knows who Crown's Program Coordinator there will be for 2024 after Rick Subel left that position there after this past season. I'm sure this will all be squared away in time, but it is mid October now, and no official word as to who will be heading up their show program there at Carolina Crown for the upcoming season.

Hopefully reading too much into this, but I fear Crown’s lack of webpage update is a harbinger of 2024 inactivity.   Rumor mill says at least one more such announcement yet to come.  

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Hopefully reading too much into this, but I fear Crown’s lack of webpage update is a harbinger of 2024 inactivity.   Rumor mill says at least one more such announcement yet to come.  

Its difficult to say. It could be any number of Corps, as well as the rumor of yet another World Class Corps to take the 2024 season off just a bad rumor. In the absence of info on a timely basis, rumors tend to fill such a void. As we know, some rumors turn out to be accurate, others wildly off the mark.  That said, any news of another World Class Div. Corps to suspend their 2024 season... no matter who that Corps is... will need to have that info come soon now, as Corps and marchers are already making plans for the upcoming auditions that will begin to take place in the coming few weeks.  I  personally dont think Crown is about to suspend their 2024 season., and have frankly have heard no rumors to that effect either So I dont think Carolina Crown is the Corps rumored. I hope the rumor of another World Class Div Corps to announce they will suspend their 2024 season is bogus. Dont want to see another. No way.

• Like 1