Boston Crusaders 2024

On 1/9/2024 at 2:51 PM, Boss Anova said:

Here is a few names of brass arrangers over the years at the Crusaders ( some others already mentioned....

I think we would have to start with the lergendary brass arranger that was there and wrote the music for BAC in the decade of the 1960's where they first became a national powerhouse ( 1st- 3rd ) among several hundred Drum Corps in the country at the time....... Ed Denon.  He was a public school music teacher that wrote " Conquest " first for the Corps, among other early signature songs they are known for in the their earlier years. Ed Denon was there for approx 10- 12 years, and later wrote brass for the Crusaders Srs. ( 1990's )

Jimmy Centorino wrote songs for Boston in 72'- 75.

Eric Rosen.... 1980's

Robert Smith.... 1980's

Tom Lizotte..... 1980's

Michael Klesch... mid 1990's

Jay Kennedy.... early 2000's to 2011.

Ryan George..... 2012 to current.

I'm sure I left someone out... but these are a few notables off the top of my head at the moment anyway.

I love "Conquest", but isn't it from the 1947 movie Captain of Castile?  Our band (USC) plays it after each win. 

• Like 1

Just now, greg_orangecounty said:

I love "Conquest", but isn't it from the 1947 movie Captain of Castile?  Our band (USC) plays it after each win. 

The story goes that Ed Denon brought the ‘67 Mancini record with conquest on it to the corps hall one day and told Jim Centarino (?) to learn the solo and that’s how it got its start

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Think that’s it written by Alfred Newman for the movie theme. Or I always thought it was anyway.

1 hour ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Welcome to the Big 10!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Welcome to the Big 18!

corrected for accuracy

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Correction; USC plays it after   Every.  Single.  Positive.  Play!  Every one!   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Think that’s it written by Alfred Newman for the movie theme. Or I always thought it was anyway.

The Mad Magazine guy was a composer? Who knew? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Correction; USC plays it after   Every.  Single.  Positive.  Play!  Every one!   

No, you're thinking of "Tribute to Troy" (different song) and we love it!  Conquest is played towards the end of the game if we're going to win & at graduation ceremonies. 

• Thanks 1