Pre-2024 Top 12 Guesses

1 hour ago, Vuitton said:

You also predicted Boston would win this year and you also claimed they were three tenths down from BD based on different shows on different nights. And when you were told you were wrong you name-called and insulted people. Talk about promoting a false narrative. You were right in 2022 and you were wrong this year. Others were wrong in 2022 and right this year. It happens. None of us can be right all the time.

I too was stunned in 2017 when they rose to 6th place. Despite their staff acquisitions I thought they were going to place 8th to 10th heading into the 2017. It was such a wonderful and pleasant surprise. I love it when a corps jumps up in the rankings. However, that doesn't make you any more knowledgeable than anyone else.

I would be interested to see if anyone really did say they hadn't paid their dues. It is extremely difficult to crack the top 4 today, it's exceptionally more difficult to place 2nd. It's a herculean task to win. Saying in 2022 that Boston wasn't going to place 2nd isn't extreme. They tied for 2nd and therefore one mark change would have put them 3rd.

well, not to get technical, but i've been correct for decades now.

cause i always predict the corps with the highest score wins.

😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, TOC said:

My wife is.  Just ask her.

wait....how do you know my wife?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Grandpa Joe said:

You also predicted that BAC would win this year. All good luck eventually runs out. Just because you were right before doesn't mean you'll be right again. BAC may eventually win, and when that day comes, I'm sure you'll be the first to say "I told you so", but how many times will you be wrong before you end up right? That to me is hypocrisy and ad nauseum in itself. Let the corps speak for themself.

So that’s what you took from his comments?  Not the point about Mandarins? 

4 hours ago, craiga said:

You know, drum corps planet is such a hotbed of hypocrisy.   People on here whine ad nauseum about slotting, competive inertia,  etc on a regular basis. They seem to love to promote this false narrative.   BAC provides a couple great examples of this.  In the fall of 2016 when BAC announced their new staff, many of the dcp intelligencia stated UNEQUIVOCALLY  that the best Boston could hope for might be 9th or 10th.   They rose to 6th.  Then, in 2022 when I predicted them to come in second, those same knot heads called me crazy and said there was NO WAY POSSIBLE for them to get to second because they "hadn't paid their dues".  Really? A corps which has survived 83 years hadn't paid their dues?

As far as Mandarins are concerned,  I fully expect them to continue to be very strong and they will certainly be unaffected by the troubled SCV rejoining DCI. And, one more time...just for the record,  Mandarins did NOT benefit from SCV'S failures this year.  They are their own corps, and the kids who marched there had a blast. 

I’m not sure who you are referring to as the DCP hypocrites, but since I am the one who went out on a limb to predict Mandarins to come in 4 next year, speaking for myself, I never unequivocally said Boston would top out at 9 or 10 in 17. And I never said you were crazy in predicting Boston at 2 in 22, and  I never mentioned a thing about paying dues to get to second.

Also, in this thread I predicted Boston to medal next year and thought they should have this past season.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

Clearly, many people here missed my point.  It wasn't that I was right or wrong about any predictions I had made.  Rather, my point WAS in fact in response to some know-it-all folks here on dcp who just LOVE to put other corps' chances down, typically without any inside knowledge of the workings of their organizations. 

Whether it be Boston, Mandarins,  Cadets or anyone else, more than a few posters here spend their springtimes/early seasons crapping on other corps' chances.  Every. Single. Year.  "CORPS X can't possibly win, etc".

For my part,  yes, I am an unapologetic supporter of the Boston Crusaders. But here's the difference....I NEVER said that there is no way that Bloo, Crown, or BD can win.  Why? Because I DO believe in letting the corps speak for themselves.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

And Jurassic, I don't know why you felt any of my comments were directed at you.  I have no issues with your postings on here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Grandpa Joe said:

You also predicted that BAC would win this year. All good luck eventually runs out. Just because you were right before doesn't mean you'll be right again. BAC may eventually win, and when that day comes, I'm sure you'll be the first to say "I told you so", but how many times will you be wrong before you end up right? That to me is hypocrisy and ad nauseum in itself. Let the corps speak for themself.

Except that early in June you said you were leaving DCP Grandpa  and ( your words ) “ taking the summer off “. Those words you posted are still on here on DCP . Don’t ask anyone to find it for you  but it’s definitely on here and easy to find for those inclined  . However, you found your way back here on DCP within just 2 weeks when your favorite corps scores and placements started to pick up . So if you intend to accuse another DCP poster of ( your words) j “hypocrisy” , you might want look in the mirror there first Grandpa . 

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Thanks 4