Cadets Suspend for 2024

1 hour ago, TOC said:

I saw the 14K posts, but not aware of any reminder posts for getting off the topic track. 

oh he has some. i even got one once. but then i gave him good mortgage advice and got out of the doghouse

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TOC said:

I saw the 14K posts, but not aware of any reminder posts for getting off the topic track. 

I lurk a lot. 

Back more(ish) on topic-

Early in thread there’s were multiple posts stating that another Corps will announce that they will not field in 2024.  Seeing all the Reddit posts by potential members figuring out audition strategy, I would suggest that the announcement be made soon.  Bad news never ages well.  (I do commend Cadets as they seem to have gone public within hours of the relevant board meeting).  

4 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Back more(ish) on topic-

Early in thread there’s were multiple posts stating that another Corps will announce that they will not field in 2024.  Seeing all the Reddit posts by potential members figuring out audition strategy, I would suggest that the announcement be made soon.  Bad news never ages well.  (I do commend Cadets as they seem to have gone public within hours of the relevant board meeting).  

Do they actually name the potential corps in the rumors or just state there maybe another to suspend? I hope not, but just curious. 🧐 

1 minute ago, keystone3ply said:

Do they actually name the potential corps in the rumors or just state there maybe another to suspend? I hope not, but just curious. 🧐 

No name; short discussion of rumor that Bloo is potentially doing a limited tour.  Not sure if that is same rumor as suspension rumor.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

No name; short discussion of rumor that Bloo is potentially doing a limited tour.  Not sure if that is same rumor as suspension rumor.  

Hearing Bloo is going back to a similar tour as last year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Hearing Bloo is going back to a similar tour as last year.

That’s the gyst of what I’ve heard

On 10/20/2023 at 7:25 PM, Jeff Ream said:

not always feasible.

and again the post you quoted was referring to the regional model. quick....how far is the closest corps to Troop? Seattle? Spirit? Crossmen? Should Crossmen wait til Texas or OK shows to be regional? Seattle..well.....uh....? Troop? Wyoming host shows anymore? Hell for Surf, outside of maybe an Open Class show or two early, there's no WC shows in NJ til close to Allentown.

No idea.

On 10/20/2023 at 8:52 PM, TenHut said:

It's fact, not bashing. More people have left California in the last 12 months than any other state, 343,230. 

Taxes and crime will do that.

I left because my home had appreciated enough that I could pay off other debts, so I sold it and did that.

California is great. Crime is comparable to anywhere else. Taxes are high, but benefits and weather are huge draws.

It's a great state.

• Like 2