Real ideas for sustainability & revenue

33 minutes ago, dbc03 said:

I had assumed the corps "moving to Erie" meant an office with people working in it, but looking at the staff profiles it seems that's not the case. Not sure what they're plan is with regard to community engagement if nobody is there to do it🤷‍♂️

and thats a problem. Allentown....an hour or so drive from many places in NJ or say Philly. Erie is 7/8 hours away or a plane ride, which isn't cheap. I know there's some Thunderbirds folks in the area, but i don't see them listed on Cadets info anywhere, and they couldn't support themselves to continue as a competitive or alumni corps over time.

LMBA, the local circuit up there, has 20 member bands. PIMBA is in Pittsburgh as well as TOB, but neither are huge. New York State Fed is more Rochester and to the east with it's membership. so for local reach, Allentown or Jersey had far more band programs nearby covering multiple circuits that they could pull from.

so i am really concerned the move to Erie did more harm than good.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 9:34 AM, Jeff Ream said:

and thats a problem. Allentown....an hour or so drive from many places in NJ or say Philly. Erie is 7/8 hours away or a plane ride, which isn't cheap. I know there's some Thunderbirds folks in the area, but i don't see them listed on Cadets info anywhere, and they couldn't support themselves to continue as a competitive or alumni corps over time.

LMBA, the local circuit up there, has 20 member bands. PIMBA is in Pittsburgh as well as TOB, but neither are huge. New York State Fed is more Rochester and to the east with it's membership. so for local reach, Allentown or Jersey had far more band programs nearby covering multiple circuits that they could pull from.

so i am really concerned the move to Erie did more harm than good.

I guess it seemed like a good idea at the time….

I'm not convinced that simply announcing Erie as Cadets' new home base 8 months ago is enough time to either succeed or fail financially.

It seems much more likely to me that 40 years of financial (and other) skeletons may well play a role.

But who knows?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, craiga said:

I'm not convinced that simply announcing Erie as Cadets' new home base 8 months ago is enough time to either succeed or fail financially.

It seems much more likely to me that 40 years of financial (and other) skeletons may well play a role.

But who knows?

It’s the skeletons that have me worried

5 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

It’s the skeletons that have me worried

and if there are any, transparency about them would do wonders for perception

• Like 1

7 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Didn't the board member comment that there's was more info being released in a day or so? But that was a couple of weeks ago.  (That was after the first release.) 🧐  

at least a week. maybe more. all of these bad news announcements are sadly running together.

So, I looked back and there was never anything from the Cadets promising an update. TheOneWhomKnows simply mentioned on 10/24 "was told the board is coming out with an update tomorrow..." So, another piece of hearsay for people to get their panties in a bind over.

8 hours ago, fifer said:

So, I looked back and there was never anything from the Cadets promising an update. TheOneWhomKnows simply mentioned on 10/24 "was told the board is coming out with an update tomorrow..." So, another piece of hearsay for people to get their panties in a bind over.

There were posts from Cadets board member, Chris RL FHNSAB, indicating there will be update.  

BTW, if you don’t wear underwear then they don’t get in a bind. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

There were posts from Cadets board member, Chris RL FHNSAB, indicating there will be update.  

BTW, if you don’t wear underwear then they don’t get in a bind. 

I'm sure Terri knows this. The guys in the Kilts used to call that "going true". 

• Thanks 1