Where is the love?

2 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. It does not matter what statement they put out, what questions they answer. People will still form their own assumptions as to why it happened. 

well....yes. and no.

i mean if they planned a budget and didn't have the funds to pay for it all...that is a failure. I mean yes there's digging super deep and assumptions, but really what HockeyDad said is pretty much accounting 101.

2 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. It does not matter what statement they put out, what questions they answer. People will still form their own assumptions as to why it happened. 

(Reads new Cadets are being sued thread) Well, now I have my answer.   

• Like 3

And this is the info many of us knew was coming. At this time, the organization needs to focus their energy on resolving the legal question before spending another penny on anything drum corps related, and donations, while well intended, are not well placed until such a time as Cadets can accurately tell donors where and how the money will be spent.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Slingerland said:

And this is the info many of us knew was coming. At this time, the organization needs to focus their energy on resolving the legal question before spending another penny on anything drum corps related, and donations, while well intended, are not well placed until such a time as Cadets can accurately tell donors where and how the money will be spent.

may need to sell assets to generate revenue to pay the bills

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

No... it does matter what they say, and whether it is true.  Those things always matter when charitable contributions are an indispensable part of your budget.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

may need to sell assets to generate revenue to pay the bills

Hearing they’ve sold nearly everything and what was borrowed rented or lease was returned.  There may be nothing left of value to pay off all debt I’m guessing.

• Like 1

Just picturing Erie group thinking of this time last year when things were really looking up for the area drum corps wise. 😔

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

(Reads new Cadets are being sued thread) Well, now I have my answer.   

Congrats on your vindication. Now you all can continue with your schadenfreude. 

And when they fold permanently, you can all rejoice. 

As to the person who is suing them, GOOD. Sick of the bad behaviour from these stupid adults. 

I'm done for good with all this. 

Edited by 2000Cadet

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

Congrats on your vindication. Now you all can continue with your schadenfreude. 

And when they fold permanently, you can all rejoice. 

As to the person who is suing them, GOOD. Sick of the bad behaviour from these stupid adults. 

I'm done for good with all this. 

we don't want them to fold. we want them to run a smart business. however while getting out of YEA was good, i don't think enough was done to set them up financially for troubled times, especially moving 7 hours away

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

we don't want them to fold. we want them to run a smart business. however while getting out of YEA was good, i don't think enough was done to set them up financially for troubled times, especially moving 7 hours away

It’s difficult without an off-season source of income. 

• Like 1