Vanguard 2024

8 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

lol, yeah off topic but in a nice way.

With exception of SC were the other corps Vanguard or Vanguards? šŸ¤” Gets confusing looking at old scores.

And kind of šŸ˜ˆ Long Island Sunrisers were called ā€œSanta Flushing Vanguardā€ because of their music(little ahead of usual Sr music at the time) and look.

We were the Saint Clair Shores Vanguards. Letā€™s just say in 1975, SCV would have beat us by 60 points.

• Like 3

Iā€™ve seen some people on this thread say that SCV 2024 will likely be their planned 2023 show. What do you think that show was supposed to be?

5 hours ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

Iā€™ve seen some people on this thread say that SCV 2024 will likely be their planned 2023 show. What do you think that show was supposed to be?

i asked if possible. i dont think anyone actually said it would be

Edited by Jeff Ream

35 minutes ago, Brian1313 said:

My son has learned tons from the groups he's been with. He plans on marching four more years after this season, majoring in Music Ed and Performance, and most likely moving onto a staff or several once he ages out.

This is off topic, but just some advice from someone in higher-ed music and has a musically focused Ph.D., keep it cheap. Don't let them go into debt for a Bachelor's degree in music. If they decide to get a Masters, find a program that will cover tuition. There are plenty in the Midwest that have fully supported graduate degrees in the arts.Ā 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 5:25 AM, JohnZ said:

consistent with other corps' threads, discussion of their 2024 production

^^this^^

Please don't be "that guy"Ā 

Ā 

I hope they do a ā€œClassic Vangaurdā€ show whether it be ā€œAppalachian Springā€ ā€œPhantom Of The Operaā€ something Rimsky-Korsakov related or literally anything like that

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MarimbaManiac said:

This is off topic, but just some advice from someone in higher-ed music and has a musically focused Ph.D., keep it cheap. Don't let them go into debt for a Bachelor's degree in music. If they decide to get a Masters, find a program that will cover tuition. There are plenty in the Midwest that have fully supported graduate degrees in the arts.Ā 

The places he has in mind have very very good fin aid packages and he carries exceptional grades right now. I've already told him he needs to find places for his Masters and on that will essentially pay him to learn. He's on the right path, but it will be very difficult to not have a small bit of debt after coming out of school. Hopefully his little brother stays with the diesel mechanic and firefighter path.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

I hope they do a ā€œClassic Vangaurdā€ show whether it be ā€œAppalachian Springā€ ā€œPhantom Of The Operaā€ something Rimsky-Korsakov related or literally anything like that

Reminds me of Fiddler on the Roof butā€¦. How many fans in the stands would know about SCVs history of Fiddler. IOW how far back does the fans memory go?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Reminds me of Fiddler on the Roof butā€¦. How many fans in the stands would know about SCVs history of Fiddler. IOW how far back does the fans memory go?

Not that many. Ā  Hardly anyone knew Cavies Easter eggs last season. Ā It made me feel old because I remembered all of them.Ā