Vanguard 2024

11 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

my hunch is the kids want a cool show. 

Thats interesting and fun to perform. Had one song we hated so much someone asked Hershman “hey Larry can we play again next year” just to see the reaction. 🤯

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Thats interesting and fun to perform. Had one song we hated so much someone asked Hershman “hey Larry can we play again next year” just to see the reaction. 🤯

I had to play Barry Manilow.  No one asked me what I thought.  I would certainly have let them know. 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I had to play Barry Manilow.  No one asked me what I thought.  I would certainly have let them know. 

Sorry for the off topic folks but maybe a warning about trying to guess “hot” trends. There was a disco version of Star Wars music by Meeco that was a big seller. His next album was “Time Machine” which was promoted heavily but deservedly bombed big time. 1978 we played the title track from the album. No one bought the album so no one knew wth we were playing. And 2nd Baris had a repeatedly played note that BADLY needed a third valve. 😱 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Do you dream the impossible dream?

More on-topic.  A Don Quixote show has potential.  

Hmm show could tie in with SCV being back on the field. 
Reminded of Rochester Crusaders show “We Go On” after coming back after some time off in 2000s.

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Do you dream the impossible dream?

More on-topic.  A Don Quixote show has potential.  

Fun nerd fact: Bernstein’s first ever concert with the NYPhil was the Don Quixote Suite. If SCV does a show like that, they should have the lead drum major wear a grey suit, like the one that Bernstein wore for that concert.

Perhaps a “firebird” or phoenix rising theme?

• Like 1