Troopers guard

Looks like Michael Lentz (from onyx) and his team are out at Troopers. This was an exciting off-season development for them and is quite the bummer. I wonder why it happened?

Also noticed that they Hired Jason Rob as a program coordinator who was, if Im not mistaken, at Madison Scouts last year. 

A. We have an Academy situation on our hands.

B. Prior time commitment 

C. They weren’t that good as thought,

Hoping it’s B or C

34 minutes ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

A. We have an Academy situation on our hands.

B. Prior time commitment 

C. They weren’t that good as thought,

Hoping it’s B or C

If A, it is far better to take care of it now, vs later than now.  

• Like 1

Wow.... that sucks for the kids that tried out and got contracted at Troopers. It was no secret that guard was the Troopers weak link last season. Getting a new staff in would have put a buzz into that section and that is now gone. Imagine going to Troopers to age out, thinking one thing and then after contracts were given out finding out its something different. Hope they have a plan.

Edited by Cainan
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, Cainan said:

Wow.... that sucks for the kids that tried out and got contracted at Troopers. It was no secret that guard was the Troopers weak link last season. Getting a new staff in would have put a buzz t that section that is now gone. Imagine going to Troopers to age out, thinking on ething and then after contracts were given out finding out its something different. Hope they have a plan.

I don't see it that way.  Kids commit to a corps, not a particular instructor, or set of instructors.  It's just like the kid that signs a letter of intent to play for a particular coach only to have said coach leave for the NFL or a different university before he/she sets foot on campus.  Commit to the institution, not an employee of the institution.  Employees come and go. 

4 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I don't see it that way.  Kids commit to a corps, not a particular instructor, or set of instructors.  It's just like the kid that signs a letter of intent to play for a particular coach only to have said coach leave for the NFL or a different university before he/she sets foot on campus.  Commit to the institution, not an employee of the institution.  Employees come and go. 

It seems to me guard and especially (battery) percussion members to commit more to their instructor than their corps these days. But maybe that’s only at the highest echelon (the Rennicks).

• Like 4