Troopers guard

3 hours ago, spacewill said:

I can see that. 

I guess it just all depends on the coach/instructor and what values they are teaching.  I would have said 24 years ago when I started my career that I would not have allowed my kids to follow the staff, but now I have a more pragmatic approach and ask the "why"?  What or why do they want to follow them and if their convictions and thought process is well thought out then I would probably be okay with it.  There's a lesson to be learned both ways.  But at his age (under 18), I think him being around the right influence (especially instructors) is just as important as what the organization may define as their values.  So many variables given today's influences.

God bless you for being an involved supportive parent as not all are.  Here's to a great 2024 for your kid and much success to whichever corps they march. 

Sounds like Lentz and Tim Snyder didn’t get along. Lentz is an egomaniac with more failed drum corps attempts than just about anyone. Maybe it’s best he just stay in the gym. 

I’m sure the current staff have already hired someone to lead the way. 

For future reference: keep Mike Lentz as far away from your programs as possible. 

18 hours ago, MM2006 said:

Sounds like Lentz and Tim Snyder didn’t get along. Lentz is an egomaniac with more failed drum corps attempts than just about anyone. Maybe it’s best he just stay in the gym. 

For future reference: keep Mike Lentz as far away from your programs as possible. 

You mean he’s more of an egomaniac than the others? Holy 💩

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2

Didn't a former member of this discussion forum often use the term "Pageant Leeches" or something like that?  Seems it might apply here?

Edited by Daave
sp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

18 hours ago, MM2006 said:

I feel like he is one of those awful instructors that just yell and scream while expecting you to learn. Yes, he can get results but eventually, it seems, no one will want to continue to work with him. 

4 hours ago, Jimmyjames said:

I feel like he is one of those awful instructors that just yell and scream while expecting you to learn. Yes, he can get results but eventually, it seems, no one will want to continue to work with him. 

I never understood screaming as a help in making something better. I’ve screwed up from brain farts or not understanding what I was suppose to do. If the former the person maddest at me would be… me. 🤦‍♂️🤬 If the latter then yelling ain’t explaining and ain’t gonna help clean the problem.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Jimmyjames said:

To be fair, how long did April last in the activity?! Everyone wanted to work with her because she produced results, despite being a screamer and humiliating members. The fear was real but it came with the territory of being one of the best. I'm not saying this technique is right but it certainly gets people talking. Having never even met Lentz, few can argue his creative and brilliant mind.

Edited by Cadet Guardy
  • Like 2

well i'm sure a new staff will be announced soon