Houston, Do we have a problem?

DCI WACO just added to the schedule.  @Hook'emCavies may have to drive a little north if the Houston show doesn't get flushed out.  Cavies will be in WACO.

19 minutes ago, spacewill said:

DCI WACO just added to the schedule.  @Hook'emCavies may have to drive a little north if the Houston show doesn't get flushed out.  Cavies will be in WACO.

Why not both?

1 hour ago, spacewill said:

The Gaines Family ( Fixer Upper Fame, Magnolia network etc.) will be happy. More income..lol....Im sure many will visit their many enterprises . Me, I have had enough of Texas in many ways, no offence to my buddies there.😁

Edited by GUARDLING

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

Why not both?

I'm all in on that.  I just know there have been some shakeups in stadiums and support for WGI and BOA in the Houston areas so who knows if DCI is facing some of the same issues (i.e. stadiums/locations asking for way more money to host).  

• Thanks 1

It would be a real shame if Greater Houston doesn’t get a drum corps show this summer. Almost unfathomable. That would be letting down a whole lot of high school band kids. 

• Like 2

On 4/5/2024 at 2:25 PM, spacewill said:

It looks like WACO is replacing Central TX on the same night as Denton.  Houston is still on the schedule for the following night.

https://dci.org/events?startDate=2024-07-18&toDate=2024-07-20&limit=10&viewMode=list&sort=startDate

• Like 1

I love threads like this.

Now imagine being the corps trying to hire buses with no destination, housing location, mileage, hotel rooms secured for drivers, etc etc etc.

Where is laundry? pharmacy? urgent care? emergency room? banks? grocery? where does my food company drop my order from US foods or the like? if I have staff flying in or out ... which airport do I tell them?

I know I know ... it's hard being a fan.

Edited by supersop
  • Haha 1

On 4/5/2024 at 11:25 AM, spacewill said:

Waco!?  I may have to go to that one for an excuse to visit the best dive bar in America; Scruffs.

Sic'Em Bears! 

Truthfully, I'm not sure about driving to Waco. 

This summer north America is hosting COPA America and team USA is going to play against Bolivia in Arlington. I'm seriously considering going to that game and support team USA. 

Hopefully DCI finds a location in Houston soon.