Cadets and bankruptcy

Horrible.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

GH getting some 'shout outs' on the social media comments. Glad some folks still realize his contributions to this situation. 😡  

I mean according to the lawsuit this would’ve been pre GH I believe. Sure the GH stuff was bad and damaged the corps, but up until this lawsuit the corps was loosely financial stable enough to keep going. At least on a season to season basis. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

x

Edited by ykw

I’m for justice for victims of sexual abuse etc, but it seems to me that the only outcome in this lawsuit and going after any entity with the Cadet's moniker would only result in this and thus they get nothing monetarily. This is not like going after a mogul or the Catholic Church with deep pockets. It’s a newly formed organization that technically had nothing to do with the very unfortunate events from 42 years ago.

• Like 7

I know this has got to be a gut punch to their alumni, and I really feel bad for the 2023 corps members and staff.  An unlikely 5th place finish and then this.  Yikes....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, craiga said:

So the man in the original suit is deceased, and now so are Cadets.  All that's left for her lawyers to go after now is DCI itself. That may be a tough case to make considering it allegedly took place at a New Years Eve party 42 years ago.  

She got her pound of flesh.

Just now, Jeffe77 said:

I’m for justice for victims of sexual abuse etc, but it seems to me that the only outcome in this lawsuit and going after any entity with the Cadet's moniker would only result in this and thus they get nothing monetarily. This is not like going after a mogul or the Catholic Church with deep pockets. It’s a newly formed organization that technically had nothing to do with the very unfortunate events from 42 years ago.

Especially when the details of the organizations actual involvement in the assault is questionable. 

But again, the end result is what they wanted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1