Cadets and bankruptcy

53 minutes ago, waliman4444 said:

For the first time on this forum, I don'i know how to respond...Peace

yeah. same. and i've been here since day 1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jmc5682 said:

This is such an unfortunate situation.  Things in drum corps were just so much different back in the day.  I was 14, 15, and 16 when I marched Sac.  My Birthday was in July.  I had a sexual relationship with a person who was 20 when I was 15.  It was a secret thing that happened a few times.  It did not last past the summer.  I wanted this relationship, and I do not feel I was groomed.  I have had a few conversations with this person.  They were very worried that I had lasting damage or felt some kind of way.  I only felt like it was a wonderful time that I do not regret.  I do not think the same thing would happen now.  There are not a lot of 14- and 15-year-olds marching in the top 12.  Please also know that I drank alcohol and smoked pot during the same period.  I just do not think these things are tolerated now.  I would never allow my child to march in a corps before the age of 16.  My daughter is 30 though, and she had no interest in drum corps.  My point is what would it help if I felt differently, and I still had a corps to sue?  I could go after the person who I had the relationship with, but I know for a fact this only happened with me, and I wanted it to happen.  They have been married now for over 36 years.  I will never understand how money can make things better in these cases.  It is just a shame the Cadets are now defunct.  I hope this brings the victim in this case some kind of peace.  I just don't quite understand how that works.

At this point, Im disgusted with it all. DCI deserves to go down.

2 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

For the first time on this forum, I don'i know how to respond...Peace

It’s not really the flex he makes out to be. No 15 yo teenager has the brain or emotional development to consent.

My “Me Too” moment occurred when I was a 16 year old drum major marching in the Lacrosse, WI Octoberfest parade in 1977. I was accosted by a drunk woman who proceeded to feel me up and then called me a little f’n f****t when I didn’t respond to her to her expectations. No one came to my defense, as a matter of fact people egged her on. If it happened today I would own the city of LaCrosse. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

I can't wait for the day when a law comes to be (40 years from now), where statements made online in 2023 can be re-evaluated as Hate Speech based on their modern sensibilities ... and we'll all be sued.

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

yeah. same. and i've been here since day 1

I’m thinking that in response to that post, the less said the better. 

Just when I think we’ve hit rock bottom …

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

No it was more a dumpster fire sale. And based on all I have seen and heard no one could confuse how it’s run now with under YEA. 

Not really on the dumpster fire sale.

correct on the 2nd part