DCP Official ESPN2 DCI Broadcast Reaction Thread

It's funny - I keep reading and reading these posts about "they didn't do this, they didn't do that, I wish they would have . . ."

I'm thankful this was broadcast on national tv - a top quality production at that.  We finally get something that will give the activity the exposure and recognition we've all been trying to get for how many years now and its complain, complain, complain.  Come on folks, you're complaining like armchair quarterbacks.

I'm thankful as well that DCI had this OPPORTUNITY. I just don't think the opportunity was utilized anywhere near as good as it could have been.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, lots of posts on this thread and most opinions covered (I think).

I think: A little more explanation that performances shown were snipets of an 11 minute show.

A few minutes on a typical drum corps day.

A nod to how many corps are at finals week; DIV 1/2/3

I noticed: Lots of cute bikini clad girls in the vingettes, sex sells.

No Baritone when discussing hornlines? No cymbal line when discussing drumlines?

I wonder: When considering "more show" or "more vingettes/behind the scenes", will/did DCI focus group any alternatives? Maybe show a group (of target audience) two hours of shows and show another two hours of the ESPN2 broadcast.

I'm looking forward to the two one hour broadcasts to see what changes.

Good job DCI!

One thing that nobody has mentioned yet and I was wondering about: where was America/O Canada? That's a really cool part of finals, plus it was the only finale this year (I think). They should have at least had it playing during the credits or the end of the show or something.

One thing that nobody has mentioned yet and I was wondering about: where was America/O Canada? That's a really cool part of finals, plus it was the only finale this year (I think). They should have at least had it playing during the credits or the end of the show or something.

I thought that should have been the end of the show also.

You're right. AOC would have been awesome. I wouldn't have minded if they snipped a minute or two of vignettes to throw in AOC at the end.

I think that may have been local commercial spot.  All I saw was cheesy low budget Yamaha & Pearl ads.

Plus local ads in spanish trying to get me to buy a CD to learn how to speak english.

The local cable station needs to make money.

In Spokane, Seattle Cascades had a commercial encouraging 14 to 21 year olds to join. And there was another local one for Northwest Music Arts or something like that (wish they had shown it again, a possible Senior Corps forming?). Pretty cool...