DCP Official ESPN2 DCI Broadcast Reaction Thread

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe what I'm reading in half of this crap. They used to show all of this "human interest" stuff and "behind the scenes" nonsense on other broadcasts AND STILL SHOW 6-8 FULL PERFORMANCES!!!!

Yes the practices and the lifestyle and the design and judging are all a buildup to something. A buildup to AN 11:30 MINUTE CORPS SHOW! Tonight we saw ZERO of those.

Worst DCI broadcast ever. <**> Show the shows, and save all that other trash for the next winter olympics.

Flame away. I'm too mad at tonight's train wreck to care.

"Teams".....ugh ampssuck

I've always hated it when people call 'em "teams," too. Yuck. Technically it may fit the definition of the word "team," but I don't like using it in this context.

Of course, I also think calling drum & bugle corps a "sport" is kind of silly, too. Sort of like we're trying to make ourselves sound cool in order to override some sort of deep-seated inferiority complex. Yeah, it's competitive and yeah, it requires a lot of athleticism, but at its core it's still a performing art.

It's funny - I keep reading and reading these posts about "they didn't do this, they didn't do that, I wish they would have . . ."

I'm thankful this was broadcast on national tv - a top quality production at that. We finally get something that will give the activity the exposure and recognition we've all been trying to get for how many years now and its complain, complain, complain. Come on folks, you're complaining like armchair quarterbacks.

(This ad is just another arrogant example of how DCI thumbs it's nose at DCA and Alumni Corps and it's disregard for drum corps prior to DCI.)

It was a DCI finals show...It had nothing to do with DCA or Alumni corps why the #### should they talk about it or show anything about it.  If you want to see that then you should get DCA to pay to have their show on ESPN.

Reread my statement. Did I say anything about the show should contain DCA stuff? It was the ad and the great lengths taken to edit the issues of DCW that bothered me.

I can't believe what I'm reading in half of this crap.  They used to show all of this "human interest" stuff and "behind the scenes" nonsense on other broadcasts AND STILL SHOW 6-8 FULL PERFORMANCES!!!!

Yes the practices and the lifestyle and the design and judging are all a buildup to something.  A buildup to AN 11:30 MINUTE CORPS SHOW!  Tonight we saw ZERO of those.

Worst DCI broadcast ever.  <**>  Show the shows, and save all that other trash for the next winter olympics.

Flame away.  I'm too mad at tonight's train wreck to care.

:huh:

So these people spend their whole summer in the heat getting physically exhausted, working real hard, pouring every ounce of energy into... into what again? What exactly do they do? I don't understand... They have musical instruments... do they play them at all?

IMO, this production was FAR better than it has been on PBS for the last several years. There was some pretty neat stuff in the vignettes, but I agree a couple of them were just too long. And I didn't like it when there was a commercial, a vignette, another vignetter, and then another commercial.

Still, not bad at all, IMO. Last year's was horrid.