Troopers removed from DCI Membership Status

MikeN

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the Troopers website, Mathew Krum just resigned as their director as well. I'm assuming that (according to the wording) that Troopers ARE officially out of Division I, in any competitive form.

From the Troopers Press Release:

"At a recent meeting of the Board of Directors of DCI, it was decided that the Troopers Drum & Bugle Corps would be removed from Division I membership status due to the organization's lack of compliance of the requirements necessary to maintain membership within DCI.

In acknowledging this decision, the Troopers Board of Directors will be working with DCI to see that all current membership compliance requirements are met, thus enabling the Troopers to return to Division I status as quickly as possible in the future.

As a part of the Troopers organization's plan in resolving this matter, the Executive Director, Mathew Krum, has resigned from his current position. There will be a restructuring of roles within the organization to continue plans of development for the 2006 season. These decisions will ultimately help guide the organization towards its continued goals in the future.

There are challenges that lay ahead, but the immeasurable support and affection that existed for the Troopers will be the organization's greatest strength towards a vibrant future."

Good luck to Troop. They are truly an American treasure...

Edited by PCOP_trumpet04

In my best Yoda voice:

"Allow this removal lightly, the corps fans do not. Disturbing is this move by Chancellor Acheson."

...and in my best Jar Jar voice:

"Iss embarrissing, boot... My afrai day've bean banished. My forgoten der Board would do terrible tings to my Troopers. Terrible tings if daze goen back dare."

Elmo Blatch

As a part of the Troopers organization's plan in resolving this matter, the Executive Director, Mathew Krum, has resigned from his current position. There will be a restructuring of roles within the organization to continue plans of development for the 2006 season. These decisions will ultimately help guide the organization towards its continued goals in the future.

There are challenges that lay ahead, but the immeasurable support and affection that existed for the Troopers will be the organization's greatest strength towards a vibrant future.

Get back soon!!

Go Troopers,

Gregg

HOLY ISHT!!!!!

So as an alumni of the corps this is coming as a shock to me......not a HUGE shock, but a shock.

MATHEW CRUM IS FREAKIN COOLEST GUY ON EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!

HE is the reason the Troopers didn't fold about 8 years ago. My Rookie year, Drum Corps World reported the corps as folding for the season---that was kinda disheartening to read on my way up to begin all days....BUT He was able to motivate and set in place a strategy to get the corps moving again.

I can't believe this.............Matt Krum resigning.......crap.

It will all work out though, thats just the way it is.....

HDL

Where's Elcock with my podcast!?!?!?
We need you Matthew Elcock to help sort this one out, you being a former Trooper!!!!

I hope you have a Pod cast ASAP. I know you said every other Thursday Starting last week so you won't be on this Thursday, September 29th 2005

You are the Trooper alumunus with a voice a lot of people listen to. A lot of People love the Troopers they are Americas Corps. Even though they Have not been in the realm of things for several years. People like myself always look forward to seeing them year after year no matter thier placing, although I do want to see them back in the elite. I remember the Troppers of the 60's and 70's and thier late director Jim Jones. Who was one of the founding fathers of DRUM CORPS INTERNATIONAL!!!!!!!

The Troppers always gave you a whup ### show. till this day I still wait to see the the Sun burst always done in a variety of different ways.

Please let the viewng public know what is going on because I truley do not think DCI will. We do not want to loose the Troopers like we lost the 27th Lancers, Bridgeman Etc.

Edited by bobk9258

Wow,,this really sucks.

I don't think DCI has really thought about thier actions.

I mean a lot of people will go out of thier way to see a DCI when the troopers are on the bill.I know I traveled almost 300 miles out of my way just to see the Troopers.

DCI has just bought a sandwich with some really bad mayo on it.

Edited by camel lips

That's a shame... the troopers have such a tradition; it would be a shame to see that die.

there is no way they are a div. 1 drum corps/ they will be ok in div. 2 if they chose to do so.

Friends:

Please note that I write this with a heavy heart. This has been a stressful 48 hours for everyone closely tied to the organization. Please know that DCI is NOT slamming the doors on the Troopers. This recent vote is not a mean-spirited conspiracy against the corps. Quite the contrary - DCI has made a decision that is in the best interest of the Troopers to ensure that we will not die away and become a corps talked about only in historical circles.

Yes, the organization is making changes. Mat Krum has resigned his position as executive director. An announcement regarding the new interim director will be coming from the organization shortly. All official news will be released on http://www.troopersdrumcorps.org. Please, keep checking our site for updates and information.

While I cannot go into specifics, the Troopers status change has nothing to do with past competitive results. There are rules in place, policies and proceedures in place that all corps must adhere to in order to remain in good standing in DCI. We faltered....and we are working to make things right again. With your support and understanding, we will make things right.

The entire Troopers organization appreciates your support and understanding. With your help, we will succeed in righting our ship and returning to DCI division I status in short order.