Blue Devils 1993

Probably a little late to respond to a thread started six years ago but I had a tape of the Concord Pavilion preseason performance that was fantastic. Solo work for BD was excellent. Freelenacers were on there too and I loved their 1993 show.

Probably a little late to respond to a thread started six years ago but I had a tape of the Concord Pavilion preseason performance that was fantastic. Solo work for BD was excellent. Freelenacers were on there too and I loved their 1993 show.

That was their "Bill Chase" show right? I swear, I'd love to see what a corps like Blue Devils or Scouts (someone who has a history for screamers) could do with a "Chase" show. I know it's probably not complex enough musically to score well today, but dang it sure would be FUN!

That was their "Bill Chase" show right? I swear, I'd love to see what a corps like Blue Devils or Scouts (someone who has a history for screamers) could do with a "Chase" show. I know it's probably not complex enough musically to score well today, but dang it sure would be FUN!

I know that I'm supposed to like that show, and I heard lots of people hyping it at the shows I attended.

I just couldn't get into that show for some reason. Maybe if I heard it now, I'd better be able to appreciate it.

I wish I could hear it right now, but it's not on FN... Oh well... shutup.gif

I'd really like to be able to check it out again.

Yes it was the Bill Chase show.

• 3 years later...

IMHO, this thread deserves to be resurrected ;)

This is in my top 3 all time brass books. The solos leave the show incredibly exposed, but they pulled it off!

Like many of you have said, I too loved the old BD so much. I wish they'd go back to this style.

Here is a standstill for ya'll.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK9Xbc0LqgI&list=PLLIu7R3WudrpRQ9Ej51eJQr8rgUQEB4Uw

Edited by superOOk

IMHO, this thread deserves to be resurrected ;)

This is in my top 3 all time brass books. The solos leave the show incredibly exposed, but they pulled it off!

Like many of you have said, I too loved the old BD so much. I wish they'd go back to this style.

Here is a standstill for ya'll.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK9Xbc0LqgI&list=PLLIu7R3WudrpRQ9Ej51eJQr8rgUQEB4Uw

It was a great show!

Although I didn't care for the take on Strawberry Soup, the show was performed so well though.

My first drum corps show ever was in Port Huron in 1993. Seeing this show live and again for an encore....I was hooked for life. Especially with there being no track at that Port Huron stadium my ears were ringing for days! :)