West Monroe, LA...TONIGHT!

Do you mean that you think they have more material yet to clean, or they have more material than Phantom to clean? If the latter, I respectfully disagree. IMO, Phantom has a deeper show than Blue - although I really do like Bluecoats' show.

I have to say that I'm really glad there are close races to watch. No matter which horse you have in the race, I think it's more fun when there are battles to watch. I'd just prefer that the battle be happening at the top!

Yes, what I meant was that I think the Bluecoats have more room for growth than Phantom, but it is a close call. As I said, both are great shows. Unless Phantom has changed some visual elements, I just feel there is little growth for some of their show short of some major visual re-writes. So we disagree there, but that's ok. I love Phantom's book. Drums and brass are smoking.

Also, I would not count out Blue or Phantom perhaps making a push at 3rd or even 2nd. I feel Blue Devils can be caught, but I am not sure about the Cavaliers. And I think both corps can beat Cadets.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who like official postings...

(DCI) The Northeast Louisiana SUMMER MUSIC GAMES, West Monroe, LA

July 19, 2006

Place Corps Score

DIVISION I

1 Phantom Regiment 87.400

2 Bluecoats 87.300

3 Boston Crusaders 83.100

4 Carolina Crown 82.900

5 Spirit from JSU 79.250

6 The Magic 67.700

View Recap (is up already)

I do like official postings. Suta? SUTAAAAAAA!

Boston Crusaders and Magic were the only corps that actually increased their scores from last night. (Blue had the same score last night as tonight).

Spirit 79.25

(Edit: Also waiting for the official post on DCI. These are from supposed phone calls) :)

Spirit 79.25

G-men 82.2

Crown 82.9

BAC 83.1

Blue 87.3

PR 87.4

Boston beat Crown after being down over a point and a half to Madison a few days ago ? Seems Boston had a good night tonight if these scores are accurate. Bluecoats and Phantom are engaged in a back and forth good healthy donnybrook too

Edited by X DM

Also, I would not count out Blue or Phantom perhaps making a push at 3rd or even 2nd. I feel Blue Devils can be caught, but I am not sure about the Cavaliers. And I think both corps can beat Cadets.

I agree with you there. With all the show tweaking that will happen in the next few weeks for every corps, I still think there are many corps that could potentially take the title!

Boston beat Crown after being down over a point and a half to Madison a few days ago ? Seems Boston had a good night tonight if these scores are accurate. Bluecoats and Phantom are engaged in a back and forth good healthy donnybrook too

Wow, really tho...carolina crown could be a top 5 drum corps...if there drum line could play worth a lick.....they are getting dominated by everyone in that caption, and the drum scores alone are keeping them where they are....please please...someone take that drum line and turn it around, there is no reason why crown should even be in the ballpark with boston, at least show wise...lets go people figure it out....flam taps, 8 on a hand...do something..but its not even a 12th place drumline, as of the past 2 years. Looking foreward to next year...hopefully with some replacements?

wow crown's percussion is really taking a beating. and darn, i was .1 away from my prediction this afternoon that there would be a tie at the top :P

Visual Ensemble seems to be pretty up an down with PR recently.

Ed Warren gave PR a 17.6 in Louisville and an 18.2 in Jacksonville.

Tonight they shot back down to a 17.1

Bluecoats Brass must be smokin, beat BD last night, topped PR tonight

Look at that Regiment colorguard!!

Am I mistaken, or was Randall Brownlee (the colorguard judge tonight) on visual staff for PR for the 97 & 98 seasons?