PR announces administrative change!

Phantom is in really great hands... I loved Rick at SCV... It was sad to see him leave... Rick not being at Vanguard in '05 was just one of the many reasons so many kids from '04 decided not to march again... BUT, Vanguard is making one heck of a comeback!!!!

Go Vanguard!

...and I guess go phantom too... but not as much as Vanguard... lol

I think you mean "Rick not being at Vanguard in 06".

He was there in 05... for sure... part of the reason I decided to travel on support staff with them for a few days in 05. Because he's the one who said "Sure! Come along and help out!". And I knew it would be a good experience if he were there and would be cool to be around him - and I still respected him from marching with him so many years ago.

SUPER DUPER CONGRATS to Rick V. and to the Phantom Regiment for this decision!!

:)

Edited by bradrick

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pat's a class act.

Rick's a class act.

Phantom Regiment's been fortunate, and is fortunate by the talent at the helm of the organization.

And knowing that this design team is together for 2007 makes me smile!

As a big time Phantom Phan, big thank you to Pat for taking Regiment where they are today. It was your leadership that got them there.

Also for being personable over the few times I emailed you. You were very busy, but answered my emails quickly. Kudos to you and Greg Newell for that.

Good luck, Pat!

I think there was some sense that this was coming when Rick came out and joined the team for this season.. I'm thrilled for PR and as others have said, very sad to see Pat go.

Will the Director@regiment.org email still get to Pat or is there another way to reach him? He and I have traded some friendly and insightful commentary over the past few years and the only way I've reached him recently was through the corps address.

Better yet, Pat if you're reading (and don't lie, I know you are!), drop me a note!

Pat has been what Phantom needed to get them back to the Top. An outstanding example of what the activity needs in it's leaders. I know from some of his messages he had taken time off over the summer so I'm hoping he has decided to step back for a while and invest time in his family and career!

Good Luck Pat! You will be missed!

Hope you can make it out for another Phoenix show!

Wow, what's with all these director changes in the last couple years.

Eh, it happens every few years or so. It's like the NFL, where a quarter of the coaches switch teams every 2-3 seasons.

Wow.

Unexpected...but the organization won't suffer at all with who is taking the reigns.

Congratulations to both, and continued success.

I think this was expected from the moment Rick came on board. I think Pat brought him in to set up a smooth transition. Smart move, and becuase of it, I don't think there will be any transition problems at all. Peronally, I would have worded the press release a touch different, but all is good.