Scouts camp

acn

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Garfield fired George Tuthill after the 71 season, much of the drumline left and moved over to the Cabs where he was already their drum instructor. All 3 of us on tenor, I think 2 of 4 snares, and 2 of 4 timpani players.

Mike:

That couldn't have ever happen back in the day...only with these new whippersnappers whould anyone be so disloyal. YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!!!!

Mike:

That couldn't have ever happen back in the day...only with these new whippersnappers whould anyone be so disloyal. YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!!!!

:P

I mean, who would POSSIBLY want to play for the no-name guy they replaced him with....

Fred Sanford :huh:

:P

I mean, who would POSSIBLY want to play for the no-name guy they replaced him with....

Fred Sanford :wub:

:huh:

:wub::wub: go figure!!

yes, but all it proves is that Crossmen had 400+ turn out (which is great!) and Madison had 150+.

Last I heard, you can still only march 135 members.

And the things I've heard from people WHO WERE THERE was that the drumline try outs were FULL of talent and great players, and that the staff

that was there working the auditions were knowledgeable, friendly, encouraging and explained things very thoroughly. My friend did not making the cut,

but left feeling very positive about the experience and his performance.

Would make more sense if it was 150 for the hornline or something

yes, but all it proves is that Crossmen had 400+ turn out (which is great!) and Madison had 150+.

Last I heard, you can still only march 135 members.

And the things I've heard from people WHO WERE THERE was that the drumline try outs were FULL of talent and great players, and that the staff

that was there working the auditions were knowledgeable, friendly, encouraging and explained things very thoroughly. My friend did not making the cut,

but left feeling very positive about the experience and his performance.

It's also true that picking a quality group of 135 from 400 is easler than from 150. Auditioning...or interviewing (in the business world) is still a numbers game. Sure...mistakes can happen and it is very subjective to a point. But, usually the numbers bear out.

Would make more sense if it was 150 for the hornline or something

Seconded. At two seperate camps, only 150 for a corps like the Scouts just doesn't sound right.