Scouts camp

acn

What was the attendance at Cadets?

Well the first camp in NJ was combined Crossmen/cadets and about 250 were there for both corps. Then in georgia only about 50 people in attendance.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what ive heard...the guard turnout was sparce a best.

about 5 vets and 4 rookies at the Madison camp.

There are a few more vets that werent at the camp that are coming back as well.

Talking to my friends, they said they really enjoyed camp.

The work they were given to do is more East Coast style (ala Cadets)...basically, the guard is actually spinning this year. nice.

Not all the staff was present, but of those who were there, they made a positive impact on the attitude of the vets.

I wouldnt worry about numbers. Guys that get cut from Cavies or Phantom or wherever tend to make their way to Madison by April. I wouldnt judge the success of the guard til after that.

My rookie year (03) the guard wasnt full till April when Cavie, SCV, and Cadets cuts showed up for camp.

Give it time. Give them a chance.

MYNWA, always

150 is small compared to 400 is a fact.

out of 110 crossmen brass -50 trumpets = 60 low brass / without vets.

50 guard compared to 9 at Madison camp.

just winter numbers. anything is possible .

numbers from different posts.

LL

Madison's website indicated that the guard try outs would be at the December camp, not the Nov. 24/25 camp. It now say's both would be guard try outs, but it did indicate

a week or so ago that the December camp would be concentrating more on guard, so perhaps many auditioning hopefuls read what I did and will be waiting until the December

camp...

And the poster who said wait until the people who don't go with other corps shift around a bit... those that didn't get invited back to Madison will filter to others, and those don't

get invited back to Crossmen (since there will no doubt be MANY talented folks not going back there) will filter to others, etc. etc. etc.

One camp does not a season make, so it's really pointless to make interpretations out of uncertainty and preliminary numbers...

Edited by GGarrett

Ouch.... That really sucks...

This low attendance is happenning to the cadets too. I hope this isn't a theme for a lot of corps.

I definately wasn't a theme at the Phantom camp. They had over 500 pre-register and many walkups.

Cadets will probably be looking for spots through March at least. I'm sure they will cut people who could be used to fill out the line in January in hopes of picking up some stronger players through the spring.

The Scounts info is kinda disturbing. I'm sure it will come around though. It might be a rough year but I expect a quality show come August.

Edited by soccerguy315

When I stopped in at the Madison Scout Auditions, these were the total numbers for both camps: 15 trumpets, 7 mellophones, 32 percussion, 13 naritones, 10 tubas, 1 front line and 6 color guard.

Can this be at all accurate? A total of 84. That's quite a bit different from the other post that said there were 150 at the camp. Even 150 is quite low from what Madison has had in the past few years.

Especially with Crossmen getting over 400 at their San Antonio audition.

You just have to understand that San Antonio and Texas as a whole has a real butload of talent that are Happy Happy Happy to have the Crossmen here. I'm betting they are going to be a force this year. I of course will be rooting for Madison 1st and foremost! Go Scouts!!

:silly: Edited by madalumni

When I stopped in at the Madison Scout Auditions, these were the total numbers for both camps: 15 trumpets, 7 mellophones, 32 percussion, 13 naritones, 10 tubas, 1 front line and 6 color guard.

I was there all weekend. These numbers are not accurrate.

Bill

I was there all weekend. These numbers are not accurrate.

Bill

Bill is correct - these numbers are not accurate - I was there on Sunday. Curious as to how the earlier poster knew the total number of both the Madison and Texas camps, as the Texas guys didn't attend the Madison camp last week.