Ron Hardin Resigns from SCV

I found it a bit odd that the post on Vaguards web site said "The Santa Clara Vanguard would like to announce that Ron Hardin has decided to resign "

I would expect something like "we regret to anounce" but to say "we would like to announce the resignation" seems odd to me

Edited by dbg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is the rhetorical choice of one over the other "odd" to you? I'm not trying to start anything, I promise, I'm just curious. And what do you suppose the implication would be if they had phrased it the way you expected? Do you think the way they put it invites more, less, or about the same amount of speculation from people who know nothing about the specifics of the situation?

I found it a bit odd that the post on Vaguards web site said "The Santa Clara Vanguard would like to announce that Ron Hardin has decided to resign "

I would expect something like "we regret to anounce" but to say "we would like to announce the resignation" seems odd to me

If the word "like" is what's bothering you, maybe they "like" keeping their fans updated on the latest information regarding their favorite corps. As in "We enjoy that through the magic of the internet, we can provide you with breaking news on our marvelous website". ^_^

I think this is BS!

;-)

Edited by Brent

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SLY IN!!!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....that sure has MY wheels turning...

Whoever mentioned Pete Weber's name...

That man is going to do wonders for SCV's drill. One of the best drill writers I've ever known (and I was fortunate enough to march his drill in '02) :)

I cannot believe that Ron Hardin resigned....... He was wonderful. Anyway, was 2006 Pete Weber's first year writing the drill for the corps?