Cadets Narration 2007

"This complex and extraordinary program will allow these talented Cadets to shine, all-the-while explaining what this drum corps is about, said Hopkins. Through incredible visuals, musical arrangements, segmentation, voice and narration, The Cadets will relay the philosophies the corps has carried within its heart for 73 years - goal setting, diversity, practice and performance.

Surprises in store for fans include professional narration, a passionate ballad, a show epilogue and a throw-down percussion feature written by Aungst that could bring instrumentation to the field never before seen in the activity. Staff are also studying the possibility of altering numbers within sections, increasing the hornline to 68 members, Hopkins said."

Ruh-roh :laugh:

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, if you cant beat them at their own game, change the game and be remembered at least for being something.

They were the most talked about last year for a sub-par klunker, now they will repeat this year and be the hot topic of daily discussion, not for cutting edge, drum corps, but for gimmicks, trickery, and lack of innovation or creative ideas.

~G~

Yeah, it sucks doing things differently, huh? I would love to watch the same type of shows all the time. I wish I could live my life by doing everything the same and not taking any risk. That would be amazing, but then again, that's just me.

Yeah, it sucks doing things differently, huh? I would love to watch the same type of shows all the time. I wish I could live my life by doing everything the same and not taking any risk. That would be amazing, but then again, that's just me.

I love the fact that no matter what type of show The Cadets perform, there will always be plenty of people out there to talk s### about it. The season hasn't even started, they have not put any drill together, they have not had any shows, nor have they even finished teaching the show and we still get people who can't have a microscopic piece of an open mind or give them a chance. I do believe George Hopkins has been doing this for a long time. He has contributed to the fact The Cadets have won NINE DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS. I FULLY support George Hopkins, the staff and the ENTIRE Cadets organization in whatever they choose to bring to the field. You can rest assured that come finals in Pasadena, I WILL be out of my seat screaming, cheering and throwing babies for The Cadets. I would appreciate for the people who do not like any of the shows they bring to the field to either go to the bathroom, grab a hot dog, or better yet, just leave the stadium when they come to the field and do not ruin the experience for myself and other TRUE Cadets fans. Thanks and have a great time watching.....I know I will.

.....again, just my .02 cents......

I love the fact that no matter what type of show The Cadets perform, there will always be plenty of people out there to talk s### about it.

I'm not sure that's entirely true. When the talk about the opener was going on, everybody was onside with it. It was a great tune, it was super hard etc. People were stoked about it. This stuff came up with the narration talk. It isn't about Cadets, it's about the general direction of drum corps. Depending on your point of view, Cadets are just in the position of being either priveleged or cursed with being in the forefront of that change.

Edited by kusankusho

I'm over it. I'll likely not see any junior corps shows this year. This will be my first DCI East missed since 2002 (when I was in Indiana for summer school).

hey it worked last year...

oh wait... they got their worst placement in 15 years-

sounds like its a good year not to be a cadet...

you THINK george would have learned from 2006??

i really just dont get it.

edit- typo

Edited by nero14

hey it worked last year...

oh wait... they got their worst placement in 15 years-

sounds like its a good year not to be a cadet...

you THINK george would have learned from 2006??

i really just dont get it.

edit- typo

hahahahahahahahahahaha

oh wait....you were being serious?

not like this hasn't been argued enough, but FIFTH PLACE is not too bad. remember when bluecoats got fifth in 2005? everyone was cheering! i understand that for the cadets it's not their best...but still.

also, maybe the staff did learn from 2006, and will bring great improvements in narration to the field. afterall, the only way to make something better is to keep on trying. if edison had stopped after his first failed attempt at the lightbulb, we'd all be in the dark right now.

I like to look at it like being a sports fan...

I'm a die-hard University of Alabama Crimson Tide fan (ROLL TIDE!!!). Lately we've been in a ... rut so to speak. I wasn't happy with the coaching, the play calling, or some of the players' showing this past season (What happened to ya Darby?). So the point stands: I can still love the organization to death, go to all the games (well I mean... I'm in the Million Dollar Band so I have to anyway :P ), and will cheer until the final whistle blows... but that does NOT mean I will blindly sit and like everything they do. Doing that, like blindly hating a team or corps, is simply not forming your own opinion on something but rather taking a preemptive stance.

I love the Cadets and their history and I will cheer for them but I did NOT like what they did in 2006 mostly because of the use of vocals. If I don't like that area now, why would I all of a sudden like it next season?

It isn't about Cadets, it's about the general direction of drum corps. Depending on your point of view, Cadets are just in the position of being either priveleged or cursed with being in the forefront of that change.

Sounds like the other statement a lot of people make here: "It's not against the kids, it's against the staff."

I have always and WILL always LOVE The Cadets.

...another .02 cents.....