All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I’m with you. Remember the 27th Lancers Foundation?
  3. This requires a more clever name. Try STEDAC.
  4. Today
  5. Hmmmm I think I’ll donate to Colin McNutts efforts instead: https://gn.gives/
  6. Idk brother, based off what you described, I think we still see that to a degree. Crowns rise in the placements from 2006 till they won it all 2013. Bloo's rise from when they first medaled, in 2010 till their first title in 2016. Boston's surge over the last 6-7 years. Mandarins steady climb since 2017, that now has them sitting in the catbird seat of top five going into this season.
  7. I couldn't agree more! As an alumni who has always donated, I wouldn't give a dime if any of the last board members are a part of this because of the COMPLETE LACK OF TRANSPARENCY - not a dime.
  8. I miss the era where you could jump or fall multiple places based on performance. Example 1973 BD was 24th, in 74 they were 9th, 3rd in 75 & won in 76.
  9. I’m with you on this Chief. And there are BD staffers who’ve been with them since the early to mid 80’s. I would guess they have had successors in place for quite a while now and I wouldn’t be surprised if those successors have THEIR successors waiting in the wings. Brandon could be one of those folks. One thing BD does and has been able to do, more than other orgs., is have long range plans in place. That contributes to their never ending success. To others dismay.
  10. Another suggestion- Hermitage HS in Henrico VA (Richmond area). Concrete stands; plenty of parking, easy access from interstate.
  11. Double reply: I am certain that people's hearts are in the right place, but this is not ready for public yet IMO. Literally no human being is named or listed, board or otherwise. I would have no idea who I am actually giving money to or who is responsible should issues arise. 501c3 is claimed with zero information to confirm. No EIN is given. No information is given about which state you are operating out of. With only a name the IRS search option is a pain in the ###, but I can confirm at the moment that the organization does not show up on IRS.gov for tax exempt or charitable status (501c3) if the actual business name is "The 1934 Foundation." If that is not the formal business name, the formal name needs to be available. If that IS the business name, either the determination letter is less than 2 months old and isn't input yet, or it hasn't been issued yet. The language of what you are doing lacks clarity as to exactly who you are and whom you are fundraising for as well. The name gives an "obvious assumption" to the community in the know at large, but not saying it, along with the lack of corporate transparency makes it all feel a little "off" to me. Own who we are. The suit isn't gonna add you for merely mentioning that you happen to be former Cadets looking to sponsor drum corps tuition for marchers. If the mission is to help displaced modern Cadets find and afford new drum corps homes in the wake of the dissolution of the corps, I am on board for that. However, I won't donate to any charity that lacks this basic level of transparency. Full transparency is required.
  12. Nailed it. I could be wrong, but I have a hard time believing that BDs current staff doesn't have their respective successors either identified, and/or already attached to the hip, and they are mentoring and grooming these people to eventually take over at some point. Not saying this will happen, but who here would be shocked if 5-10 years from now, Brandon Olander takes over for ScoJo and leads BDs percussion into the 2030s-2040s.
  13. Unfortunately, we live in an era where someone can take a comment, flip it, and conform it to whatever narrative they want to convey and take the original comment completely out of context. But I agree with you wholeheartedly. I don't see it as a diss towards Mandarins or any other corps either. Honestly, it's nothing more than keeping it real whether some like it or want to accept it or not. And the reality is BD will be the favorite to win it all every year until proven otherwise. Someone might step up and win DCI this year, and it will be exciting, well deserved, and earned. But guess what, BD will still be the favorites for 2025. They earned that over these last 17 years.
  14. Maybe, but I wouldn't be shocked if Chandler (and most of the other top staff at BD) have successors ready to hit the ground running the second they retire.
  15. Question: "The applicant must have previously marched and will be given precedent and favor until such time as there are no more students previously associated with our corps marching in the activity." So i'm unclear - are these scholarships specifically aimed at Cadets that lost their home so they can march elsewhere first, and once there are no more former Cadets, open to the marching world at large? Everything on that website seems to indicate that this scholarship could literally be for anybody who has marched any corps before until this particular sentence.
  16. I think we both agree that there will eventually be someone other than BD finishing on top. I just don't see them staying there for long. But it should be a fun ride either way and I'll be the first to admit that I've been wrong before.
  17. Overtime. Our staff was tweaking the show all the way out to prelims, adding bits of stuff, but not timing the show and taking stuff out as they messed around. Seems ridiculous, but that is what happened.
  18. I appreciate the respect for BD and understand this is not a diss on the Mandarins. I do expect that while BD’s staff depth and stability and reputation led to a very strong recovery post-pandemic, Crown, Bloo, and BAC will continue to close the gap and one of them will capture the Founders’ Trophy soon, with the others not far behind. But BD will get their share. And I am looking forward to Cavies, Mandarins, and PR upping their game as well, as well as hoping for a strong reentry from SCV.
  19. Couldn't have said it any better myself. We're witnessing history. There will never be another dynasty in drum corps like what BD is today.
  20. I can't remember who it was, but the quote was........... "Every few years it might be someone's SEASON when they win DCI, but make no mistake, it's BDs WORLD we are living in, until someone can prove they can consistently beat them year in, year out."
  21. Hope your son has safe travels this weekend brother. Dre is catching his flight to Sacramento this afternoon. Getting excited! DCI Season is almost upon us!
  22. I mean to be completely honest, if I'm at BD I'm not even worried about Boston, Bloo or Crown. Yeah, one of them may creep up and beat BD on an "off" year but there's nothing that suggests it will become a trend. We all know the field has no chance the year after BD finishes 2nd.
  23. I agree. BD shouldn't even be worried about them at the moment. NOW.......... if/when the Mandarins continue on this upward trajectory, who knows, this could be a conversation in 2026-2027. But there are levels to this.
  24. I badly want to hear something. Very badly. Let it be Crown.
  25. For sure. Maybe I've kept myself busier than usual this year but the off season has flown by!
  1. Load more activity