Show ideas for next year's corps?

I think it's time Crown finally does a little Star material. So Crown 2015 should be:

Walton's Belshazzar's Feast

No one's done it since Star in '90. And it would be just monstrous.

Um... OMG PLEASE CROWN! That would be incredible. My favorite show music EVER.

Or maybe Crown could play something like SCV's 1993 show music: Johannesburg Festival Overture * Richard III * Agincourt Song (from Henry V)

That's also Sir William Walton's stuff.

Edited by jjeffeory

And both years were wonderful!

I certainly loved BOTH years ( tee hee).

I wonder what Boston will borrow from other corps in 2015. They seem to like to borrow as well.

Cadets should do a show based on a maze. Crazy drill with certain sections navigating through a maze (of members, not props), and music that is crazy hard and frenetic....and a ballad that's as dark as the aftermath of an earthquake.

• Like 1

I wonder what Boston will borrow from other corps in 2015. They seem to like to borrow as well.

I don't necessarily agree with this borrowing sentiment per se...but corps do choose to do certain music that has been done previously in the drum corps idiom...you could also make this argument for just about every other corps out there over different years by just looking at their music repertoire as well...

Cadets should do a show based on a maze. Crazy drill with certain sections navigating through a maze (of members, not props), and music that is crazy hard and frenetic....and a ballad that's as dark as the aftermath of an earthquake.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

e5dbb68f9e3fafcc2ef4ad5e6b8d27ec.jpg

Labyrinth_ver2.jpg

Edited by jjeffeory

maybe i'm going off on a whim here but . . . . . . wouldn't anyone like to see Crown do a Latin music show? i'm talking about a Madison '95 - like show. with their power and sound, any hard pounding latin show they put would be so earth-shaking that anyone watching would have their faces peeled back! I've been thinking this since 2012